• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's your favorite game storyline?

gamergal

Reaction score
Yeah, tell me about your favorite game storyline folks. I know how important a storyline is to a game besides gameplay. Sometimes I just play for the sake of storylines. Happens every time, actually!:tongueout:

I have many favorites too. I got Resident evil series, Max Payne series (man, that's a killer when Mona Saxx dies), Prince of Persia (now, that's one engaging storyline, I must say!), and many more.

So what about you folks?

Denis_P

Reaction score
My favorite storyline of all time has to be the Metal Gear Solid series. A lot of people would say that the story is too convoluted, or would go so far as to claim Hideo Kojima is a master of verbal diarrhea. Well, though these might be true, it's why I love the series so much. It's a wild roller coaster ride with twists, turns, and loops. Even years after I've played the series a dozen times, there are still new secrets I learn all the time. It's timeless.

gamergal

Reaction score
My favorite storyline of all time has to be the Metal Gear Solid series. A lot of people would say that the story is too convoluted, or would go so far as to claim Hideo Kojima is a master of verbal diarrhea. Well, though these might be true, it's why I love the series so much. It's a wild roller coaster ride with twists, turns, and loops. Even years after I've played the series a dozen times, there are still new secrets I learn all the time. It's timeless.
Yeah, I agree. I have played that too. It comes in my top ten list of favorite games.:androidthumbsup:

Thanks for your post, dude!

giovanniiiii

Reaction score

I have been seeing you for a while now and I expected you to reply that it will be Metal Gear Solid's timeline and I was right! To be honest if one is new to the game, he would be confused by the protagonists from 1 and 3 because they have the same codename snake. Looking deeper into the story of the game, one can see that Hideo Kojima really enjoyed making the story troublesome and not cliché in a way. At least he was able to end the series with a closure that was The Phantom Pain.

Frank

Reaction score
Man, you just reminded me of Max Payne. Such a great series, great story and I loved the gameplay as well. Now I know I might get same hate for this one, but for me, Mass Effect trilogy had the best story in gaming. I know it's not a single game, and that many didn't like the ending, but I think that as far as AAA gaming goes, there's probably no better all-around story.