• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What do you think of ghosts so far?

Pluto

Reaction score
So far what are you overall thoughts about ghosts? I have not bought it as I haven't logged onto any xbox since August!

I need a few new games, what are your recommendations.

Squizls

Reaction score
I have not played it yet and don't intend to buy it in the near future.

Just another Call Of Duty copying the last one. MW2 and Backwards for me I enjoyed.

Drizzy

Reaction score
I think it is very nice as all of Infinity Wards releases , but the Xbox One version by far blows my mind, graphics and all.

Reverie

Reaction score
So I bought this at the midnight release. It took me a while to get used to it from Black Ops 2, that's for sure. But now I love most aspects of it. At first it was like Core was like BLOPS2 Hardcore. But I feel like they kind of fixed that issue. I'm just now getting my k/d up and I'm a prestige master.

DistanceDesigns

Reaction score
1 word - Amazing stuff that was repeated from other cod like the same old same old copy and paste that they always do. Other than that its fine if you stay off multiplayer and campaign and extinction and go get a life and run over people on GTA V

Bench

Reaction score
I thought ghosts was that bad, i gave it to my girlfriends dad

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I find that those who are relatively new to the series and haven't played the other ones find this game to be good while those who have been playing the series for a while are sick of the repetition of the games which is why they tend to dislike them.

Reverie

Reaction score
Most of my friends who have played the series for a long amount of time prefer MW2 of course, but they think that Ghosts is great.

Guardian

Reaction score
Yeah, I made my mind up today that I'm going to sell it back. I should have done so earlier. I played the game a couple of times and that was it. Same stuff as before.

ShaneVP

Reaction score
Although I am not too much of a console gamer since selling my PS3 due to being bored of consoles. Before CoD Ghosts actually came out I managed to buy it for my friends flashed xbox for only £10, we spent ages playing it and in some sense I really enjoyed the game while when we played multiplayer when the game was officially release I did not enjoy it so much.

Extinction was my favourite part of Ghosts, it kind of reminded me of the Zombies from Black Ops, going around killing aliens, destroying the hives while trying to purchase the best guns and loot attachments and things what are going to help you win Extinction. It took me and my friend maybe 4-5 days of playing Extinction to figure out the best paths to go, which hives to attack first and we managed to get to and finish the last hive and completed Extinction.

After we completed Extinction it was time to move on and test out the online gameplay for the newly released Ghosts. Sadly this part of the game was a bit of a disappointment to me, due to me being a Black Ops lover the online maps seemed way too big for me. There was 2 of the maps which I didn't mind so much but even still, they felt pretty large to run around. I much preferred the Black Ops style of a small sized map where kills and deaths came quick and it was a hectic match, I'm not all for searching around a large map to find someone to kill/die to spend another couple of minutes trying to find the next person to kill.

Overall, my opinion is that Ghosts is generally a good CoD game although the only down side for me was the online maps. The story and extinction was fun for me to play and complete.Maybe with recent updates as it has been months since playing, there may have been newer maps which may be smaller but I am not too sure about that.

Pulseeey

Reaction score
I feel the maps in the older CoD games are much better, not too big, not too small but have the right amount of vantage points and open space.

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
I like it. I mean, it looks fine to me. The same genes but with a little more detail. Okay, being honest, I like CoD Black Ops 1 better. Right now it feels like this is a version that they used just to see how a better version of the game would be like. This is my own opinion. I like it, but I'm quite sure there will be more versions with improved physics and better sound effects in no time.

Sino989

Reaction score
I'm writing this four years later but at first when the game first came out it was horrible. Some guns were very overpowered and the spawns were horrible, but as the game progressed I found myself enjoying it more and more honestly.

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
To be honest I did like the game in the begining, but then, when the newer version came out, I really thought ghosts version was only like a test to see if we were gonna like this new experience. I really liked it overall, and i like how the physics are, and also the graphics. One thing I really enjoyed was the ease to get into any online match. It would always get me in after a seccond or two, so i thought that was pretty awesome.

goldlady

Reaction score
From the beggining I thought it could be a good sequel of Call of Duty. Seemed to me like a fast and fluid game, and those are things we know from Call of Duty. I loved the way it showed a new vision of United States, being actually broken but still not beaten. Despite it keeps the familiarity, there is enough new enviroments to keep it fresh and new. I really liked it, to be honest.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Well, I didn't buy the game till like a year after it's release so I honestly have no idea what state it was back then but often, Call of Duty games are initially poorly optimized for the computers and certain guns are bit broken. They do fix the issues with patches though.

Anyway, I bought it for my Xbox 360 at the time and I really thought it wasn't bad at all. I always found a match within 30 seconds... even at weird night hours. There were rarely any lag issues or hackers. The map designs were good, not too big, not too small and I honestly had a great time playing it. I often played with two of my friends :) I haven't turned it on in a few months now though... too busy with other newer games.

overcast

Reaction score
I think some of the time that gives the wolfestein feeling. So I'd say it was not bad at all. In fact you'd find it fun if you have played that after the wolfestein. I think the way COD goes it'd be not cool to try this type of stuff. I think ghosts and zombies are definitely fun. And they add more competitive nature in the game AI.