• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Valve Developing the "Steam Box" Console?

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Meh, I don't see the value in it. Xbox is already rumored to be doing something like steam, and this is just so late in the game for another console, I don't see it being a good idea.

Hidden308

Reaction score
The Steam Box would be great for the Steam community however. And I doubt it would cost as much as an Xbox 360.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Well, then how exactly do they plan on handling it? Is it going to be a PC add-on, or a game box by itself?

Hidden308

Reaction score
I think a box by itself. I am not sure if it will connect to an Xbox or what. More info next week I heard.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Same here. I will be sure to post a new thread or just update this one when I find out!

death180

Reaction score
Well the difference between Microsoft and Valve, is that Valve actually makes quality products. And if this 'Steam Box' connects to Steam's libraries as they say it does, then you will only need to purchase the box itself and not have to pay 50 dollars a month for an okay online gaming service.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/09/steam-box-the-truth-direct-from-valve/

There is another article but yet again vague. I am excited to see what they do with the biometrics, it's something Valve has been doing to internal play testers for a long time and it helps them create better games.

Ikram45

Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe even Half Life 3 would come on this! :D