• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Town Of Salem

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
In the last Humble Bundle (still going actually), I discovered this little nice game that I wouldn't have tried otherwise probably. I did a few game and had a lot of fun, even if I suck a lot and more expert players don't really like newbies.
So, what is it about? You, and other 14 people, are the inhabitants of a small town and each of you have a role - Sheriff, Jailor, Jester, Mafioso... there are many roles, all with different abilities and stuff. Usually there are two factions: the town and the mafia (and the serial killer which is more on his own, but if I go into details about each role it get complicated... and I don't even know many of them). The gameplay is very minimalistic: most of it is done on the in-game chat, and the various abilities are performed just by clicking the name of another player. Don't be fooled by the look however, because there is a lot of complexity.
It's a game of lies and misdirection, you never know who to trust and who is good or evil. And this, for me, is really intrigued.
Have you tried it?

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Me and @Tassar Vei have played with a few others, it's a cool game but after playing a few rounds it gets a bit boring.

Haristar

Reaction score
I heard about this game from my friends and they said it was kind of boring and a bit complicated and confusing. Even in steam, it has got a bad reputation. So, I might not as well try it out and looking for more cooler games.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
It's a great game to play with your buddies when your all tired (or even drunk kappa).

Like @Gray said it was fun for a few rounds with @Tassar Vei and a couple others but shortly got really boring real quick. I also agree on your statement about the complexity level the game introduces. Even after those couple of rounds I still was slightly confused on how to possibly work it out.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I guess it might get boring after a while, but for now I'm enjoying it a lot anyway. I just want to try every role, and I've never been some of them! I've been enjoying it so much that I also bought the Coven expansion, but it's a bit empty for now... so I'll need some time to get used to some of the new roles, but I feel like they are all good additions.