• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The backup plan, or in EN's case, Plan Z87

Miles

Reaction score
TL;DR: EN must adapt to the shift in how gaming communities are created and managed.
LPT: Just because the community has a different name does not mean it's better!

Endless Networks, or Axiom Gaming, or Game Rebels(?) or ASG, or whatever you wish to call it; is failing. It's numbers have dwindled, and its servers have failed. Perhaps its most resounding achievement; Clone Wars, is a joke, with this weekends all time high of 12.7 people (/s). Who can we look to blame? The Founders? For having no reason to hurt the community they created, it must be them! The players? The people who literally have free will and can decide if they are bored, man, has to be them. Or the staff? Humans beings who make mistakes and dedicate into solving problems in a 12 year old game, obviously it's them.

The point is, EN isn't failing because of them, but is failing because of outdated tactics in hosting players and giving them the experience that they'll crave to come back for. EN has managed to lose that thrill of coming online to see what's going on. We must recreate that, the answer isn't if, but how and when? To answer that here's less text and more fun;

@Disco Turtle joins CW, finding it empty, however, he sees there's a Teamspeak and decides to join it! Pain entering, he finds 12 players in locked channels, playing ARMA III and HOI4. Solution?
  • Open and support more games outside of GMod (Good luck @Gray & @Scotty )
  • Have incentives to play said games, advertise and support those games and the players who play them, there are huge, untapped communities waiting to be abused-- I mean supported.
@Thrall wants to start a CS:GO server, but he doesn't have the money for a Teamspeak and forums. Solution?
  • Thrall knows @zdeathclock owns a community who NETWORK and are open to accepting new servers of any shape of size. He welcomes you, gives you a tag and a pat on the back, and exclaims "Welcome to EN!"
@Husk can't seem to decide on a prop hunt or terrorist hunt server to host. Solution?
  • After demanding for Hogwart RP--- I mean asking @Jordan to help him, he rotates said server a few times, trying prop hunt and TTT until he'd finds what he's looking for.
I don't mean to ramble, rage or do anything to offend anyone. I just ask that before I have to go play Stellaris and Herats of Iron in a different TS, let's at least try something new. I'm glad to see MC is becoming a see, let's catch up to what other communities are doing and adapt to the ever changing landscape. My opionion is not the only one, nor is high staff or @ChargerZZZ , open our ears and let's take any idea and try it. Something needs to change, before it's (cliche cliff-hanger) too late.

Thanks for reading (Or in half of your cases skimmed over) -Miles

I apologize for the grammatical errors, I'm tired <3

Also I love you @Matt

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
I would leave the community altogether. I only play with Stelaris players
Lies you play HOI too

Btw MC is open for staff apps we have 5 slots for Staff available

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip

Super c00l d00d
Reaction score
At least you aren't bitching about how the community is going to die and are actually trying to partake in helping it out.

Geralt

Reaction score
At least you aren't bitching about how the community is going to die and are actually trying to partake in helping it out.
I remember when I tried this then Jordan started to bitch at me lmao

Pip-Boy

Reaction score
WE ALREADY GOT A GUILD CALLED "THE HUSK FOUNDATION" (on Harbinger) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OOGA OOGA!
JOIN THE HUSK FOUNDATION GUILD GUYS! OOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGAAAA!

swwwwwwwtooooorrr (meme)

Skip

Super c00l d00d
Reaction score
Try to keep it on topic guys

Thrall

Reaction score
@Thrall wants to start a CS:GO server, but he doesn't have the money for a Teamspeak and forums.

CS:GO? I forgot that I own that game.

Jokes aside, yes this is a good idea, and I'd like to emphasize the "be inviting to new people" part. Some may be assholes, others minges, but some may become good people to meet.