• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Steam: The Free Weekend Weekend is live

Squigly

Reaction score
So Steam normally gives us the opportunity to download a game and try it out free for the weekend. This week we have a bumper list of 10 games to choose from! They are free to play over the weekend, and available at 50-75% off retail price if you choose to buy them :)

The games are:
  1. Payday 2
  2. Company of Heroes 2
  3. Awesomenauts - Really fun MOBA, in 2D platform style instead of typical 3D. A bit less complicated, but still demanding on player skill
  4. Don't Starve
  5. Trine 2: Complete Story - Brilliant storytelling and gameplay. The story is also short enough to finish over the weekend, I recommend trying out this game with a friend!
  6. Grid 2
  7. Killing Floor
  8. XCOM: Enemy Unknown - AAA title, enough said
  9. Blade Symphony
  10. Injustice: Gods Among Us - Great for superhero/fighting fans. Batman best hero.
With so many choices, I've highlighted the ones that I've tried and really enjoyed! What are your picks from the list?

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this! Might try picking up a few of them later on today.

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
This is a really nice thing, even though I own most of these games - I was able to play them with my friends this weekend!

I noticed somewhere on their official announcement they mentioned it was the "first" Free Weekend Weekend. I'm truly wondering if there will be more at this time, and if there will, I'd say this will be a tradition I could get used to. :)

burtpovski

Reaction score
I didn't notice the free weekend until about Saturday or so. It seems pretty cool to have so many demos of the game available in your library, but the ones that I really found to be interesting are Don't Starve and Payday 2. I think they're at 75% off or something, so I think that they're probably worth getting, especially since you get to have a free "trial" of the game before you decide to buy it.

Anyone else planning to buy a game?

Squigly

Reaction score
Well the weekend ended, I didn't really buy anything aside from Awesomenauts DLC. Had a lot of fun trying out GRID 2 though, pretty solid racing game.