• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Portal 2 Review

Slash

Reaction score
Portal 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to Portal, which came alone on Steam, or in the Orange Box with Team Fortress 2 and Half-Life. The graphics in Portal 2 blow people away. The Portal Gun options are almost everywhere, and the best things about Portal 2 is mixing brainplay, innovative gameplay, and online gameplay. It's the perfect combination!

Portal 2 is one of those games that you HAVE to play before you die. You'll be thankful you did. Like I said before, Portal 2 has great graphics. The switch through two Portals seem good enough and the Portal Gun options are great. It's hard to stop playing this game once you start. Portal 2 may seem hard, but if you fellow gamers use your brain, you can become a master of this game. Because most people don't bother to use their brain, the game may go unnoticed by many people.

Portal 2 isn't considered a shooter, but it's pretty darn close. The first-person is what it's made in consideration. You use your brain to put portals into strategic places, then, use those portals to beat the game. Many people praise Portal because of the graphics, but please take into consideration the brainplay. You couldn't beat Portal without said gameplay.

Now, I'm going to tell you about Story Mode. You are a girl (stop complaining guys ) that was apparently being trained as a test subject. Then, an accident happens, and you get knocked out. You wake up to (I don't know his name) this ball robot on a rail. He tries to get you out of the place, but you guys accidently stumble upon giant command bot GlaDos. If you played the first Portal, you'd know that YOU killed GlaDos. GlaDos is pretty mad, and forces you through a tough training montage. While she said she forgave you, it's really obvious she's getting revenge. Another story behind this is that a guy named Ratman built GlaDos, who eventually turned on him. He had a companion cube that predicted that a girl would eventually defeat GlaDos. It comes true, but Ratman is locked up somewhere, and no one can find him.

Story aside, Portal 2 is a great co-op game. If you play local, you star as famous test robots P-Body and Atlas. You and the person you're playing with go through an array of tough challenges and when you're done you can celebrate. You can select actions like Rock Paper Scissors, High Five, or Dancing. You can also wave. You also can sign into Steam and play with friends on there, or another friend over PSNetwork or Live.

There are very little downsides in Portal 2. I'll name two. Sometimes, glitches will occur, such as dying when nothing is hitting you, or a companion disentigrating when you put it down. Load Screens plague Portal 2, but it's all worth it when you play this amazingly fun game: Portal 2.

Portal 2 mixes all the things people [/i]want in a brainplay or innovative game. Portal 2 will go down in history as one of the best brain games out there. Portal 2 earns a 9/10.

Slash

Reaction score
*mistake. Meant to put 9/10.

Corona

Reaction score
This game sounds fun. I have never played it but now I want to.

Bolt said:
Now, I'm going to tell you about Story Mode. You are a girl (stop complaining guys)

Why would guys be upset about playing a game staring a girl? :?

One of my gamer guy friends told me that is there is an option to play a girl in a game he always plays the girl because if he's going to spend hours and hours on a game he wants something nice to look at. :]

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I played it at a friends house, it was pretty fun :)

Twinkie Pinkie

Reaction score
I've seen my cousin play portal 2 and by JUST watching him, I think it's really nice and in my opinion give it a 8/10

T

The Slenderman

Apart from a few of the glitches you have named which are not glitches (companion cubes disintegrating) [they are meant to in some areas] this is a really good review, good job :)