• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Patent Shows Off Xbox Projection Technology

Scion

Reaction score
microsoftpatent_610.jpg

A recently uncovered Microsoft patent shows off projection technology that displays video on more than just your television.

The patent shows a player with no controller in their hand playing some kind of shooter against miniature antagonists. There is presumably a Kinect and some kind of projection device mounted on top of the television. The projector is displaying everything outside the view of the television onto the walls around the player. It seems like a cool, immersive idea – if your TV is surrounded by blank walls. It will also be impossible to complain about getting fired on from off-screen if this truly is technology we will see in the future.

If this technology works, I could see it being very cool. The projected video would probably do nothing more than fill the stretches of your peripheral vision, but just adding that little bit might make everything seem more real.

microsoftpatent_610A.jpg

Source

Zahreah

Reaction score
Saw this on a SourceFed video. Seems pretty cool.

Scion

Reaction score
yeah i can see some issues but this could be a real nice addition to the 360 and kinect

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Good thing everyone's TV is in a room with a ton of space and with white walls and no windows... -_-

Scion

Reaction score
Toxique said:
Good thing everyone's TV is in a room with a ton of space and with white walls and no windows... -_-
And that would be one of the issues I was talking about