• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Most Good PC Games Make Comp Slow!

SeanFace101

Reaction score
Most computers i have, including the one i have got just now, when i install a good game, it tends to slow my computer right now to the point of pure annoyance!
Small games like arcade games, etc.. are ok, but its for the better games, which are bigger, such as tycoon games, sim city games, etc..
Am i just not buying good enough computers or Does this happen to most people?
... Sean!

Zawazuki

Reaction score
The computer you buy must have pretty bad hardware. :( My old computer could run Roller Coaster Tycoon no problem and it wasn't that good. I recommend you going to bestbuy or a computer store near you and asking them to build you a decent one.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Never honestly happens to me. I am though planning to build a new computer to keep up with some of the modern games though. Probably by 2014 I won't be able to play a single game released then on this laptop..

NecroWolf

Reaction score
Most computers i have, including the one i have got just now, when i install a good game, it tends to slow my computer right now to the point of pure annoyance!
Small games like arcade games, etc.. are ok, but its for the better games, which are bigger, such as tycoon games, sim city games, etc..
Am i just not buying good enough computers or Does this happen to most people?
... Sean!
Remember Moore's Law: Computers double in speed every 18 months or less. I have noticed some of the newer games make my video card run at 108% but only use about 60% of the CPU. I was able to overclock my older GeForce 9500GT and get almost double the frame rates, but I really need a newer video card. My point is, you may only need a discrete video card to get up to speed. Most onboard video cards are junk. I could tell you if you had included your specs. I found a GeForce 550 Ti for around $100 on line so I am hoping I can get it soon and see just how much faster the new cards are.

jayjacinto

Reaction score
Never honestly happens to me. I am though planning to build a new computer to keep up with some of the modern games though. Probably by 2014 I won't be able to play a single game released then on this laptop..

It really is hard to keep up using a laptop considering the cost of the hardware. I don't even install games on my laptop because I know it will give me a headache in the future. I feel that each year I have to upgrade my PC hardware due to expansions, updates and new games. Thing is, if we upgrade our pc's they upgrade their games.. I dont really know which comes first..

dagscot

Reaction score
Maybe you've got programs running in the background, on Windows that are slowing down the frame rate. I think most modern computers should be playing the Tycoon and Sim games at a decent resolution and frame rate. The cheapest improvement that might make for a noticeable improvement would be extra memory. I'd try adding a few GB of RAM.

Smokey

Reaction score
What are your computers specs? Are they powerful enough to handle 'most games'? You might just have a weak computer that can't handle the games you're throwing at it.....or perhaps you got a ton of processes running in the background that are eating up your CPU usage/memory.