• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Minecraft on XBOX

haze

Reaction score
Just seen some stuff floating around the web that Minecraft will soon be on its way to the XBOX 360 in the form of an 'arcade' game available for download. Seems like Minecraft has really taken off in that sense, it seems like you'll be able to use Kinect in it also!

Would you get Minecraft if it came to XBOX?

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Xbox_360_Edition

Hidden308

Reaction score
Yeah there's currently a minor edition of it, but it's not necessarily Minecraft. I may play it once the real edition is there.

sunnysingh

Reaction score
Like Joe, I'll probably check it out once the "real" edition comes out. I'm honestly not that into Minecraft though, and can't understand why people like it so much.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I hope it doesn't cost that much..for real.

Eternal

Reaction score
I love minecraft, but I don't know if I would like it on x-box o.0

Hidden308

Reaction score
Agreed Eternal. I think it would be the same though except maybe they could add some new features?

Eternal

Reaction score
Maybe they could add some new features. But when it comes down to it, I prefer PC over Xbox for sure.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Oh definitely for almost all games except CoD and GTA.

overcast

Reaction score
I think for Minecraft I have not noticed any difference from the PC and the console. Both of them are pretty much the same. You can find out that on PC you get to do a lot of stuff with the mods and stuff. That's something you have very limited control over on the xbox or for that matter on any console for sure.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Minecraft is also free on Windows 10 after you upgrade, but I haven't tried it yet to see if it's the same thing or just a trial version. I think it's a pretty good deal too, since Microsoft purchased the game years ago; might as well include it in your systems so more people can play the game.

valy

Reaction score
Hidden308, you are right, and the cost is not that high, in fact, you can purchase it for 3-4 dollars, I don't think is that expensive! Overcast is right you may get limited control on Xbox so, it would be better if you would play Minecraft on your PC!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I think for Minecraft I have not noticed any difference from the PC and the console. Both of them are pretty much the same. You can find out that on PC you get to do a lot of stuff with the mods and stuff. That's something you have very limited control over on the xbox or for that matter on any console for sure.
Yeah, the PC games have a ton of modding options to choose from while console players have been stuck in a while with just the base game. it's only recently that the mods have migrated into the consoles, but it came with stuff like paid mods, creation clubs, and all other ways the game devs can make a profit out of something they have no control over. It's a sad day to be a gamer.