• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Going Forward

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Now that the Better Together update has been out a little while, I've been thinking about the future of the game and what I'd like to see from the next update. There's already a glut of content, but we all have our little wish list of ideas we'd like to see implemented in the vanilla game.

Personally, my biggest wish is kind of mundane: I'd like to see an "upgrade" update in which block types were expanded upon. I would love to see every material type get a slab and stair block. I really want to see slabs reworked so that we can sandwich different types together independently. It's also my dream to see dirt stairs that can grow grass and have paths dug in them so my walkways to houses on hills look a little cleaner.

What kinds of additions would you all like to see? No matter how fanciful or basic, I want to hear them all!

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I like this idea a lot!

Granted I don't play minecraft anymore, but if they were to add in new block types or "expansion packs" that'd be cool. Only real way I see them profiting off this game anymore is to add in a lot of COMMUNITY ideas and not their own.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I have a feeling we may see something like this. Sales of the game remain brisk, believe it or not. But Microsoft paid billions for the franchise and, at this point, I cannot fathom them even breaking even. Something more has to come down the pipeline.

Reactions: Jog

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Personally I am looking forward to the Super Duper graphic update which will bring Minecraft to modern day game graphics. I know it may put some people off because they are stuck on old school graphics, but I am really looking forward to it.

Referal

Reaction score
Hopefully there will be an MineCraft 2 where it could something similar to PUBG and Fornite and a much more 3D graphic too it but I don't think there will be a Minecraft 2 as the developers of the game are busy updating Minecarft everday or month but I hope to see a 2 in near future lets say next 5-10 years.