• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Explain the appeal of minecraft to a non player?

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
See, it's all these creative aspects that make it sound so fun to me. I love making stuff, so building a whole little world sounds great. I was really starting to get into the idea until I was told about it making someone dizzy. I wonder if that applies to the building stuff parts.

How do you do modifications? Are there lots of mods available or do you need to make your own?

So with Singleplayer you can install things called "resource packs" to improve the graphics, and you can also install other modifications or use a entirely different launcher to play a COMPLETELY modified game. Note almost 100% of these mods are free.

Everything you will need, you will not need to create.

Servers have plugins you can use as well when you join them without installing those plugins.

You'll find modding process pretty easy for this game.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
The truth is for some it wont have any appeal. It is a semi-directionless game which will provide you little, if any, prompting to do anything in its world. For some people this is a huge turn off. For others this is an invitation to realize your dreams!

Minecraft provides you with an easy to use palette of colors and materials to build anything you can imagine, alter the landscape how you see fit, and brave the wilds as you collect the ingredients necessary to construct your masterpiece. While there is a sturdy survival experience to be had in the game, it does cater primarily to creative minds.

The game is under constant development meaning that you will receive new materials and new challenges over time as the company who makes it, Mojang, issues out new updates. This combined with the unusually robust user-modding community surrounding the game who provide an endless variety of extra features to the software for free means you'll virtually never run out of things to do! You will tire of the core game mechanics long before you've exhausted what is available to you. This, too, can be daunting for some people while others will see the glut of content and be in heaven.

It ultimately depends on what type of person you are and what you're looking for out of your video game experience.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
I think what makes it stand out from a lot of the other content out there is its aspect of creativity. The fact you can craft items together in unique patterns and combos makes it all that bit more intriguing as you can create items based on a particular set of items using a crafting table. Not only are you having to survive on your own but you have to strategically think about how you will obtain the items needed for survival and I think, for me anyway, this gives Minecraft an added dimension of interest that makes it a better product for me as a consumer.

Lexi

Reaction score
I'll put it this way, it's like unlimited Lego. You can do so much. You can build, gather your own resources, mine, fight, survive. The list is long, and it's easy to spend a good amount of time on the game. I get why visually it can turn you away, but it's pretty fun, give it a try and see.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
Every world in Minecraft will be unique and unlike any other. You can explore and travel at your own pace or just settle down and build a farm or fish for food to sustain your every day. The world is peaceful and lovely at day but it when night comes, one must be prepared to always defend oneself. There are also other dimensions that the player could traverse but he must be ready for it since the enemies are much stronger than the overworld. There are limitless possibilities to what person can build. What would your story be?

This is what I would say to someone about the game.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Every world in Minecraft will be unique and unlike any other. You can explore and travel at your own pace or just settle down and build a farm or fish for food to sustain your every day. The world is peaceful and lovely at day but it when night comes, one must be prepared to always defend oneself. There are also other dimensions that the player could traverse but he must be ready for it since the enemies are much stronger than the overworld. There are limitless possibilities to what person can build. What would your story be?

This. I'm not an adventurer in my world (I suck getting those arrows hit, even) So what I did in my first world is that I settled down and raised chickens. I did this near a village and I craft my own bodyguard to protect me from the hostile mobs.

In my other world though I'm trying to become an adventurer exploring the world. It's really fun since you don't know what you'll discover next!

WarVet

Reaction score

I understand this it does make sense but I don't quite get it still. I started playing Stardew Valley and loved it. When I watched a youtube video saying that one of the inspirations for the game was Minecraft I could not believe it. I still can't understand why people love MC so much. For me, it looks so childish even if it is a building game (I love those) and adventure game also. I just don't get it

fishmonk

Reaction score
I like that I am able to build and express my creativity. It is a great game to spend time on after work. The availability of mods to install makes this game great as well. I think the community for Minecraft is massive and this game will last for years to come.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I think the best way to have fun in the game is simply playing with your friends. I know how you feel, as a single player game it kind of sucks because you basically have no story, no idea of what your goal is, you basically have nothing to do. But with friends, you can go explore caves, tame creatures, survive together, it's just fun in general. I suggest playing with your friends in one room so you could hear each other yell.

Ash

Reaction score
Personally, for me, there is no appeal with Minecraft to be honest. I don't know what type of games that you enjoy but if like you said you don't like the cube like graphics then I doubt this game is for you either. I think the aspect that appeals to a lot of the players around the world is the fact that you can build whatever you wanted. I'm a pretty creative person but I just can't stand having to build anything in the game. It's just annoying and boring for me. I much prefer being able to build with actual lego in real life if I was given the opportunity. Answering your questions - it is not a hard game to play because a lot of the controls are easier to understand. I only played it for a few hours when I got it, gave up after that.

kgord

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like a game I would like. I am not interested in building or doing puzzles. I like word games, and some action games or sports games. It sounds like Minecraft would not be high on my list of likes.