• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Bluestacks didn't work after upgraded?

iTommy

Reaction score
I was noticed need to upgrade Bluestacks but after upgraded it to latest version I could not run it and now it is showing this

Bluestacks app running has stopped working.
windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

How to solve this problem? I installed some mobile games on this and wanting to play games via Bluestacks but could not.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Well, this time, the update worked for me. Though in the past it hasn't always worked.

Personally, Bluestacks is one of those apps I don't update once I get a perfectly working version. I do this because it isn't the best Android emulator out there. I'm not recommending you adopt my method (lol). Though you should be aware before updating your Bluestacks program.

Your computer's memory could be a problem, as the app itself takes up a lot of CPU and Memory in use. As well as in the background during idle moments.

I suggest uninstalling your Bluestacks but keeping the data in the select options. Delete the startup file you downloaded and go back to the website to download/install a new copy.

iTommy

Reaction score
Personally, Bluestacks is one of those apps I don't update once I get a perfectly working version. I do this because it isn't the best Android emulator out there. I'm not recommending you adopt my method (lol). Though you should be aware before updating your Bluestacks program.

Must admit you are right on this, I didn't have experience on this and I should know this factor earlier .
The previous version worked perfectly and very fast but after upgraded, it is very slow and even I have to wait to load installed games there.

Your computer's memory could be a problem, as the app itself takes up a lot of CPU and Memory in use. As well as in the background during idle moments.
I don't think so, I have 8Gb of RAM unless Bluestacks is requiring more than this amount.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Must admit you are right on this, I didn't have experience on this and I should know this factor earlier .
The previous version worked perfectly and very fast but after upgraded, it is very slow and even I have to wait to load installed games there.

I don't think so, I have 8Gb of RAM unless Bluestacks is requiring more than this amount.

Well, like I said. Uninstalling your current version and downloading a new copy is your best bet. That worked for me. Just remember to save your data if it isn't backed up on a cloud-synchronized with your phone. Remember, Bluestacks is supposed to work with (and sometimes act in as) your phone. If you have it synchronized properly data won't be lost. Otherwise, you must remember to backup your data while uninstalling. Because you'll lose all Whatsapp messages and contacts from the program itself.

Currently, I don't have a phone so this is my situation. But Bluestacks has been working for me. If the current version from their website doesn't work, I suggest looking for an older version from a third party. Plenty of older versions are around that work perfectly, so do your research.

Clara1993

Reaction score
you should try to restart your phone and see what happens and if you still can't connect then uninstall and re install it and if this still doesn't work then write to the support and let them know your problem, they'll be able to help you it could be a technical problem, my blue stacks is a latest version and it works well.

iTommy

Reaction score
Well, like I said. Uninstalling your current version and downloading a new copy is your best bet. That worked for me. Just remember to save your data if it isn't backed up on a cloud-synchronized with your phone. Remember, Bluestacks is supposed to work with (and sometimes act in as) your phone. If you have it synchronized properly data won't be lost. Otherwise, you must remember to backup your data while uninstalling. Because you'll lose all Whatsapp messages and contacts from the program itself.

Thanks I will try it out.
I think this is a great idea to fix this problem.

iTommy

Reaction score
you should try to restart your phone and see what happens and if you still can't connect then uninstall and re install it and if this still doesn't work then write to the support and let them know your problem, they'll be able to help you it could be a technical problem, my blue stacks is a latest version and it works well.
You can misunderstand my question, I used bluestacks on my PC, not on a phone :)
So it can be a bit different from your case.