• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

3ds has sold twice as much

gktime

Reaction score
The nintendo 3ds has sold twice as much as the DS. I knew this was going to happen once the great new games were released and after the price cut. But, I think the games played a more important role in the increased sales than the price cut.

I am surprised it has doubled the DS though, I thought the DS was pretty good and seemed popular...

What do you think about this news?

Geoffrey

Reaction score
This is surprising, as I know a lot of people who haven't bought the 3DS because there's no need to. I'm one of those people too. Though I guess there are some good 3DS games out and people want them badly, based on this report.

gktime

Reaction score
This is surprising, as I know a lot of people who haven't bought the 3DS because there's no need to. I'm one of those people too. Though I guess there are some good 3DS games out and people want them badly, based on this report.

I feel like this number will increase by a lot since Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion are coming out on the 3ds. Those two games alone warrant a purchase of the 3ds.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Did you get this from an article? Link if you have it. :p

I don't get why everything "has" to be in 3d. Guess it just makes them more money..

gktime

Reaction score
Did you get this from an article? Link if you have it. :p

I don't get why everything "has" to be in 3d. Guess it just makes them more money..

I kinda get out from searching around the internet, but IGN has an article about it if you would like to see it. And the game doesn't have to be played in 3d, you can turn the 3d off.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Then why buy a new DS if it would be the same?

gktime

Reaction score
because of all the great new games that are available on it, and because you have the option to put it in 3d.

Geoffrey

Reaction score
because of all the great new games that are available on it, and because you have the option to put it in 3d.
Yeah, I've heard from a lot of people that there is a great library games. Almost makes me want to break down and buy a 3DS, but I'm holding out till Pokemon is made on it and it alone. lol.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I know but 3d? Honestly I feel like that takes away from gaming lol.

NaiwenGS

Reaction score
I'm not surprised its more popular than the DS. With the fact that we can go online and stuff with it.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Yeah true. And the DS was a long time ago, guess they needed something new.

gktime

Reaction score
You could go online with the DS though too, couldn't you?