• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

ZombiU

James

Reaction score
logo-1346451489.jpg

Review of ZombiU

By James
Date: 11/28/2012​

Game Information
Genre: First Person Shooter/Horror
Software: Wii U
Company: Ubisoft
Release Date: November 18, 2012 (US)
ZombiU_Box_Art_Final.jpg

Introduction
ZombiU was one of the launch games for the Nintendo Wii U.

Getting Started
You begin in London, and you assume the role of random survivors during a zombie apocalypse. You are being helped by John Dee, a man who saw the apocalypse coming and prepares. When you wake up as a new character, you start out in Prepper's bunker.
I have yet to actually finish the campaign so I'm sure how long the story is, or how deep it is. From what I've gone through so far, it's interesting.
Rating: 4/5

Game Play
zombiu66.jpg

ZombiU uses the Wii U's new Gamepad, as shown above. The pad serves as your minimap, backpack/inventory, and can also be used as a scanner to find Zombies, or other items that are around you.
This game is all about surviving. You can find weapons and items around the city to aide you. If your character is bitten or beaten to death by a Zombie, the character will become a Zombie, and you wake up as another survivor back in the bunker.
Sometimes playing with the Gamepad is very awkward, and the way you hit Zombies with melee weapons is difficult to control. You only have one type of attack, which is an over-head smash.
Rating: 3/5

Graphics
zombiu0604-610b.jpg

They aren't that great for an HD game. It might just feel that way because it's dark and everything is gray. It's disappointing because this was a launch title for Nintendo's first HD console.
Rating: 3/5

Re-Play Value
There is a lot of replay value in this game. This game is about surviving, and how long you can survive for. When you are killed, you take on the role on another survivor and the character you died as becomes a zombie. If you can find them and kill them, you can get back all of the items you collected.
This game is also very difficult. You are more than likely going to die a lot while trying to get through the story.
If you have the Miiverse enabled, you can also stumble upon other players' characters zombies carrying items they had collected.

Overall Rating
This game is still pretty good. This game is more difficult then it sounds like it would be, it reminds me a lot of Dark Souls. If that's the kind of game you are looking for, I would recommend checking this game out.

Smokey

Reaction score
Ah so you liked the game then? I heard most people saying it was complete and utter crap and one of the worst games on the platform? Hmm....

James

Reaction score
I didn't think the game was all that bad, honestly. I think the idea behind the game was good, but the game play could have been better.

I certainly wouldn't say worst game, so far I've played two other games that were way worse than ZombiU..

Shole

Reaction score
Great review and but the game doesnt really seem great....looks bad and doesnt make me want to play it.