• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your State (canadians Welcomed)

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
Hello, this thread is to talk about the state you are from, and maybe give us some cool little facts about it, or maybe some interesting history, and overall share your state pride with others! I will start. As everyone probably knows, I am a proud resident of Texas. Texas has a rich prideful culture, and very humble history. Many important highlights of the history of Texas are as follows in chronological order. Texas independence from Mexico, The Comanche Wars, The Mexican American War, The Civil War. The state is the second largest standing right behind Alaska, which is saying something for Alaska in size, since I can drive an entire 8 hours in Texas, and still be in Texas. Sports wise, our State rivals would be Oklahoma, but morally, and culturally wise, our rivals are California. Most residents of Texas are very friendly, and tend to be religious in some form, I have never run into an intentionally rude person while living in the state. We are probably the most prideful of the states, and I know it tends to annoy a lot of non Texans.

Random Facts:
Our Nickname is the "Lone Star State"

Texas is the only state to have the flags of 6 different nations fly over it. They are: Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, Confederate States, and the United States.

The King Ranch in Texas is bigger than the state of Rhode Island.

Texas is the only state to enter the United States by treaty instead of territorial annexation

Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in the state

We have a hockey team known as the "Dallas Stars" (And they are surprisingly pretty good)

Texas has the strange authority to split itself into five different states without federal approval. (North Texas, South Texas, Central Texas, East Texas, and West Texas.)

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
I come from the great white north so ima just sit back and enjoy my maple syrup inside my igloo while I watch this thread play out.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'm from Ontario. The province with two large city's that have part in Canada. Toronto and Ottawa... I've been living in Ontario my whole life, I live in between @Fallenpyro418 (Sparks) and @Jordan

I live in the middle... Where I live, we have a crap ton of activitys, we have a shit ton of ski and snowboarding hills, and we live right up next to Lake Huron... Where you can do a crap ton of water sports... In Ontario we have a few tourist spots such as the Parliment building in Ottawa, Diefen bunker with is a Nuclear bunker built back in the Cold War, and of course th CN tower.

Fact:
Toronto has there own flag!

Mace

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Texas has the strange authority to split itself into five different states without federal approval. (North Texas, South Texas, Central Texas, East Texas, and West Texas.)
Casually split off South Texas to get rid of all the natural disasters in Texas

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I'll follow in Scotty's trend and do something on Florida!

Florida is an interesting state, where the more north you go in it the more south it gets. This I can most definitely confirm as from being in South Florida where it was a primarily a culture influx of White and Hispanic (Cuban is more just in Miami). Florida has a history where it was essentially the start of European exploration within the United States. Florida is known for being a very complex state in terms of its political and social boundaries. The state is a swing state politically and changes year to year depending on how many people in the county I lived in (and counties directly above and below) voted. For example in this past year these were the only 3 counties to vote Blue due to being essentially 50% Hispanic in nature and being in more Urban environments. Every other county voted red. Besides politics Florida is rich in its social and culture aspects. We are known for having the majority of US citrus crop production as well as having some of the best county, state, and national parks in the US. We also are known for having most lightning strikes of anywhere in the world, most water spouts of anywhere in the world, and also being hit by the most Hurricanes in the continental US. Florida is also a hotspot travel destination known for its massive beaches on the Eastern side (eg Daytona Beach) or the smaller but more pristine and finer/white sandy beaches on Western side (we call these "coasts" in Florida).

In terms of some cool facts here are my favorites:
~Popular to contrary belief the Red "X" on our flag is not representative of Confederate ties
~Large portion of Florida is religious due to the huge Catholic influence from Hispanics so our motto: "In god we trust" is very popular down here
~Publix is our unofficial state supermarket and you shall respect the Chicken Tender Sub Floridians cherish
~We are host to Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando Florida (as well as Seaworld but that shit is trash due to all the PETA/Lobbying restrictions)
~Majority of your Chipotle ingredients come from Florida
~Floridians do not drink boxed/bottled orange juice, it is considered a sin and we buy fresh squeezed shit
~State tree is the Royal Palm Tree and it does have the ability to grow coconuts for consumption
~Alligators in your swimming pool is a regular occurance
~Popular to contrary belief we don't have mofo Flamingos running around, instead their is a shit ton of peacocks and iguanas.
~We have three NFL teams in the state (I like the Dolphins and Buccaneers the most because Jag's are trashcan).

Personal Facts about me in Florida:
~My adopted home state (lived in it for 13 years)
~Currently hold record for 4th Largest Peacock Bass in Florida @ 10.3 Lbs
~Been through 2 hurricanes and probably 20 tropical storms (Hurricanes were Wilma @ Cat 5 and Katrina @ Cat 3 before it went over and stuck its dick in Louisiana)