• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your favorite souls game

weepforsweep

Reaction score
From the three souls games, what is your guys favorite. For me it would have to be Dark Souls 1 because of the memorable bosses. If you don't know the options, they are Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2.

fire421

Reaction score
I loved the Dark Souls 2. I felt like it was more accessible to beginners like me and I absolutely loved the graphics. I also liked the fact that the world was bigger and of course the massive bosses.

weepforsweep

Reaction score
I loved the Dark Souls 2. I felt like it was more accessible to beginners like me and I absolutely loved the graphics. I also liked the fact that the world was bigger and of course the massive bosses.
Dark Souls 2 was a great sequel but it still didn't have as many memorable bosses as Dark Souls 1. The only memorable bosses from Dark Souls 2 are velstadt and darklurker.

BluBird

Reaction score
Dark Souls. Some of the best bosses and most memorable areas of the entire series. Though, that said, I think Dark Souls 2 is the most refined of the series. Lot of little things that make it so much more enjoyable to play over its predecessors.

lgdg090596

Reaction score
I haven't played any souls game. Well, I did, but I quit after dying about 5 times. It was the prepare to die edition.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I haven't played any souls game. Well, I did, but I quit after dying about 5 times. It was the prepare to die edition.

Only five times? Oh, my sweet summer child.

Anyway, my favorite game out of the Souls-borne series has to be the first Dark Souls. I just don't know what it is about it, but I like it so much more than the others. I hated Dark Souls 2 by comparison, and while Dark Souls 3 felt like it was returning to the roots of the Souls games, something felt off about that one as well. Maybe it's the novelty or something, but I find Dark Souls 1 to be one of the most perfect games.

Besides the Lost Izalith level anyway.

thart

Reaction score
I would naormally say Dark Soul 1, but the combat in Dark Soul 3 is so good, so many of the weapons feel so good to use especially after the latest patch. Dark Soul 1 is probably better in every way except combat but I'm a sucker for great combat so it's close.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Dark Souls, which is also one of my favorite games ever. Nothing will ever top the atmosphere of that game: the music, the ambience, the bosses... I loved how everything was connected. You can even see the Duke's Archive from where you fight the gargoyles.
Dark Souls 3 is the second favorite, since it's a epic conclusion to the series. I didn't really like the DLCs sadly, and I was expecting a lot from them.
Dark Souls 2, even with all his problem, it's still a good game, and the Scholar of the first Klin edition is even better! In this case, I prefer the DLCs over the main game (except some parts of them... I'm looking at you, Blue Smelter Demon).

I wish I had a PS4 for Bloodborne.

Tania997

Reaction score
Dark souls 1 is what started everything for me. I remember hearing about the game, and thinking it was something only die hard gaming fans would appreciate because it was so hard, and by the time I've heard of it, I already tried ninja gaiden and I thought it was something like that, something that really makes you angry. Then I decided to try it, and after dying so many times, I finally understood what everyone talked about. The sense of accomplishment when you manage to do something is really amazing.

valy

Reaction score
Dark Souls 2 was a great game to play over and over again even if this game leaves you open to invasion, regardless of human and hollow form, and skeptical about the supposed penalties and risks of invasion, this was the best from the whole series.

Tania997

Reaction score
Dark Souls 2 was a great game to play over and over again even if this game leaves you open to invasion, regardless of human and hollow form, and skeptical about the supposed penalties and risks of invasion, this was the best from the whole series.

Invasion was one of the few things I disliked in that game.. People would just invade without penalty, lag sometimes made backstabs happen in a lot of strange ways, and even if it's in the game mechanics I never really liked people who used estus flask during a duel.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
If you are being invaded, there is no shame to use a estus flask. Why would you be driven by the rules of honor in this cases? They invaded your world and your game, your main goal is to survive no matter what. This is true for random invasion, of course.
In proper duels where everybody bows, or in the arenas, then no estus.

Tania997

Reaction score
If you are being invaded, there is no shame to use a estus flask. Why would you be driven by the rules of honor in this cases? They invaded your world and your game, your main goal is to survive no matter what. This is true for random invasion, of course.
In proper duels where everybody bows, or in the arenas, then no estus.

Yeah you're right. I got that mixed up. I was thinking about the arena or the duels where everybody bows and there is a honor thing. During invasions it's normal to heal, it's during those that it doesn't really make sense for me.