• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

XML.

Claraviolet

Reaction score
I love programming
smile.gif

So, if you are a programmer,I would like to ask you a question. Do you prefer XML?
I am not talking about the popularity.I am talking about the way we use XML.

It doesn't have any predefined functions and keywords.
So do you prefer XML?

Hugop

Reaction score
I like XML but it is not my favourite one :)

Michael

Reaction score
The only time I typically deal with XML is when I'm messing around with my Xenforo website. I don't code as much as I did before and as I always say.. I don't plan to. I'm learning web development so that is a start. HTML for da win!

iNinetails

Reaction score
XML is pretty great for forms being that it allows for the browser to find the right place using them (unless they're put in wrong), but overall I prefer HTML for anything to do with websites. @Michael if you're still learning web development and have any questions feel free to ask me :)

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I'm not sure what function XML would have when developing a standard website. Could someone give me a better explanation?

Hugop

Reaction score
I'm not sure what function XML would have when developing a standard website. Could someone give me a better explanation?
It is just another markup language.

RivaCom

Reaction score
Many API's tend to use XML or similar outputs for showing data. It's basically gives outside developers a method of access dating to use in their own applications.