• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join Now!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

Xbox One banning for CURSING!?!

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Pluto, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Pluto

Pluto New Member

Skip to 5:00 if you want a laugh XD

2. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Ah, the one reason I would actually buy one. :p

3. Pluto

Pluto New Member

That's awful, I hate consoles in general so it doesn't matter to me XD

4. Toxique

Toxique Well-Known Member

"If you really want to make them uncomfortable Play your PlayStation in the nude"

Hahaha :p

5. Pluto

Pluto New Member

Make sure you look over every once in a while and give them the finger, and if you really want to make them uncomfortable play your console in the nude.

6. Stealth

Stealth Active Member

I've said quite a few naughty words & haven't been banned.

7. zackd

zackd New Member

I got banned for my username and it was dumb lmao. Xbox is like the damn fun police if you have a badass username and get attacked by 12 year olds but roast tf outta them you get banned lol. It isn't bad I just hate how they change your username to random letters and numbers though.

8. WarVet

WarVet Member

While the cursing problem is an issue I agree I think banning is a far too extreme penalty. It would be like an employer firing you for swearing when you spilled coffee on your lap. The could issue a warning or apply a temporary ban but permanent ban? Totally out of hand.
    PS: The solution given to the problem in the video was just priceless :sweatsmile:

9. overcast

overcast Member

I remember lot of my friends got booted from chat for that. I think it's fair to say that some people just curse all the time. And for no reason too. But it is too much of moral policing from them. So it was expected in that context. I don't think it'd be good to consider this approach though. Gamers are like that they need to understand.

10. SirJoe

SirJoe New Member

It has a name, it's called censorship. If they want to do this they should create a different section for people that are older then a certain age. A over 16, or something like that.

sarahme85 likes this.
  11. sarahme85

sarahme85 Member

I am terrified of playing multiplayer with a head set because my gamer tag says it all: Guttermouth17 -- indication enough why I should be silenced. I cannot play any game without pulling out the biggest baddest curse words.

12. JaiGuru

JaiGuru New Member

I am generally not a fan of speech restrictions. I have always regarded censorship as a personal responsibility and not something to be projected onto the public at large. Having said that, the gamer community, and Xbox lobbies in particular, are frequently so extremely vulgar that I have a hard time being upset about this. This is the community that gave us swatting, after all. For those who don't know, swatting is what happens when a mad gamer figures out where his opponent lives and calls the cops to falsely accuse him of a heinous crime which will provoke a swat team response. A point does come where drastic measures need to be taken and maybe this is it.

13. PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac Member

Wow, that sounds... extreme, to say the least. It's insane to think anyone would react like that for a freaking game. Well, it's also concerning that anyone can find out such personal information and send cops with such ease, but that goes beyond the point.
    I am against all kinds of censorship as well, but I wouldn't immediately rule it out if it's employed to stop behaviour that can discourage new players from engaging in co-op. I'm not a fan of swearing either, so I may be a little biased there, but it wouldn't be all that bad to watch our tongue a little more.

14. kgord

kgord New Member

I don't think that is a bad idea personally. After all kids could be playing those games, and there is no reason they should be exposed to vulgar language. There is enough of that in this society as it is.

Referal likes this.
  15. Referal

Referal Active Member

I don't think this is really a big issue that Xbox has to really take on and ban users for cussing or swearing I Know when I used to play football (American Soccer) People users to swear a lot in general in sports people swear a lot so I don't any reasons why they won't swear during playing a game and as if people who play videos games daily don't know what cussing and swearing is.

16. Referal

Referal Active Member

Yes I know its kinda dumb they way game creators act like they are the ones who add swear words in the game and expect users to to cuss or swear strange right