• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Xayah and Rakan

TheArticulate

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the two new champs that were released? My housemate and I duo botlane a lot, so we were very excited to see two synergistic characters being released together.

I really enjoy Xayah's playstyle, and Rakan's mobility can be pretty intense. I definitely think that's something Riot may be looking at in the next patch notes or so. Overall they seem to be pretty cool, I enjoy the dialogue and banter they have when you play them in lane together.

What do you guys think?

Distilled

Reaction score
I think it is a step in creativity on Riot's behalf.

What is awesome is that the synergy does not create an overpowering presence in the lane. Both the champions are strong on their own.

I think they are definitely fun to play as the couple! The dialog is great in my opinion.

lexcion

Reaction score
I don't really like the idea of 2 champions that are slightly stronger together, and they should've just made it so that they have major buffs when played with each other. Doing that would make the concept a bit better in my opinion. Who knows though since I haven't been able to try the champions for my self so maybe they'll be really fun if I duo with a friend!

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I don't really like the idea of 2 champions that are slightly stronger together, and they should've just made it so that they have major buffs when played with each other. Doing that would make the concept a bit better in my opinion. Who knows though since I haven't been able to try the champions for my self so maybe they'll be really fun if I duo with a friend!

I understand where you're coming from. I wonder if Riot was worried that if their buffs were too strong together that their individual playstyles wouldn't be appealing without the other to compliment them. In other words, people wouldn't be willing to play one champ without the other if they relied to strongly on being played together.

fl1pz

Reaction score
Xayah and Rakan can be an extremely scary bot lane depending on who plays them. In my opinion, you have to be really good if you want to play Rakan because he is terrible if you can't play him right. Xayah on the other hand seems to be a really simple ADC to play, but you must know when to ult. Xayah's ult can easily turn a teamfight over because of the stun effect.

Overall, I strongly think that these two champions are great in the right hands.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
I've been in a position for the past month where I haven't been able to balance playing and work so, I haven't tried them out yet. I feel that I would enjoy Rakan a lot if he had more damage. I feel he would be an excellent assassin. Riot actually did something right for a change though since they didn't come into the game overpowered as hell like Camille. I think they are pretty well rounded and I like their interactions it's a nice added bit.

Javo1096

Reaction score
What can I say that hasn't been said already, they are a great couple of champions and characters recently Xayah got nerfed a little but I think Rakan is more OP because of the insane amount of movement and overall utility, definitely a new step made in the right direction talking about creativity coming from Riot.

ponyoworks

Reaction score
Yeah just to echo what everyone is saying about Riot's creativity, I think champion interaction and lore is super alluring. Like even just having Jinx Piltover interactions with Cait/Vi is really cool. They took it to the next level having a husband/wife bird people, and then having abilities affected as well, (longer E for rakan when used on Xayah), and the double recalls!

luispas

Reaction score
I love the concept of this two champions that are actually a couple, their abilities are great, Xayah has a lot of damage and Rakan has a great kit to give her peel and engage, but sometimes is ironic because people them separated, you see a Xayah with another supp, or a Rakan with any other adc. That's the only thing I see on them, is not a must to play them together.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I love the concept of this two champions that are actually a couple, their abilities are great, Xayah has a lot of damage and Rakan has a great kit to give her peel and engage, but sometimes is ironic because people them separated, you see a Xayah with another supp, or a Rakan with any other adc. That's the only thing I see on them, is not a must to play them together.
It's a really interesting concept because they have perks for playing together, but I've found that I really like Bard/Xayah combo. Bard's stun coupled with Xayah's E has the potential to leave the other team's ADC stunned for quite a while. It is kind of iron to see them playing separate from one another, but I definitely like the change every once in a while.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I haven't played Xayah yet but I bought Rakan four days ago and I tried him out in ranked... I think three games and god damn, he is so much fun to play! I absolutely love his mobility... he is like Lee Sin, gliding through the air except that he looks so cute doing it. Which abilities synergy with Xayah? I know that they can recall together but that's about it. I only played Rakan with a Tristana, Miss Fortune, and an Ashe. We got beaten hard by a Draven and a Lulu :(

Also Rakan's ultimate is great. You can literally use it in so many different ways... I love that you can go into the middle of the fight and escape in one second.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Their synergies aren't crazy, just some small perks when you play them together. Rakan's E, Battle Dance, can be used from a longer distance if he's jumping to Xayah as opposed to another teammate. Rakan also benefits from Xayah's E, Deadly Plumage. If Rakan is in range when Xayah users her E, his next two or three auto attacks also throw out "lesser bolts" that damage enemies in their path, similar to what Xayah's auto attacks do.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Oh, so he can jump from even longer distances? damn, that's pretty nice... he is already so mobile and slippery. Unless you have some sort of CC he is impossible to ''tie'' down. I can't wait till I get an ADC that plays Xayah though. I watched a stream yesterday and two guys were duo qing as Xayah and Rakan. I really loved the constant dialogue that they have going on. Riot did a good job of designing it for sure!

huggy212

Reaction score
When they were about to be release I really thought they will be an overkill because they were the first to be made as for partner style heroes. After the release I just found out that only the animations like recall are special with the 2 and they are really 2 heroes apart. Definitely xayah and racan are bright idea and inovation in league of legends. I will be waiting for more characters like this.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
When they were about to be release I really thought they will be an overkill because they were the first to be made as for partner style heroes. After the release I just found out that only the animations like recall are special with the 2 and they are really 2 heroes apart. Definitely xayah and racan are bright idea and inovation in league of legends. I will be waiting for more characters like this.
I was hesitant about them when I found out they were going to be released together like they were because I was afraid they wouldn't perform well if they weren't played together. I was glad to find that they are both completely viable even when not played together, and I've even come to find that I prefer other supports instead of Rakan when I play Xayah!

Deathisue

Reaction score
I was hesitant about them when I found out they were going to be released together like they were because I was afraid they wouldn't perform well if they weren't played together. I was glad to find that they are both completely viable even when not played together, and I've even come to find that I prefer other supports instead of Rakan when I play Xayah!
What other supports are convenient when playing Xayah, I know that if they play together they have better advantages, but lately I've seen them apart, so which champions have a good synergy with Xayah?

TheArticulate

Reaction score
What other supports are convenient when playing Xayah, I know that if they play together they have better advantages, but lately I've seen them apart, so which champions have a good synergy with Xayah?
I really like it when my duo plays Bard as my support. If he can land his snare, I can couple that with Xayah's E, should I have some feathers on the map and be in the right position, to stun them a second time. I haven't played with a Nami or Sona, but I assume they would be good synergistically with Xayah as well.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I really enjoy the duo champions. I love the concept and at some point dependency, but i would enjoy if Xayah and a bit more mobility, she is super slow. Also Rakan's Q should be buffed a bit, or the shield, i don't think it provides enough utility besides going in with the W and then coming back to Xayah.

Deathisue

Reaction score
I really like it when my duo plays Bard as my support. If he can land his snare, I can couple that with Xayah's E, should I have some feathers on the map and be in the right position, to stun them a second time. I haven't played with a Nami or Sona, but I assume they would be good synergistically with Xayah as well.
Bard?. is weird that bard work really good with a champ, the most of the time bard is a troll champ i think, is very hard to use bard correctly because you can ruin a play or even a team fight with his ultimate but if i think for a moment he can work with Xayah, that is impressive.