• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Will there be a Sequel to Okami?

lindbergh

Reaction score
Okami was one of the best action adventure games on the PS 2. Players took control of the sun god Okami who chose to be in the form of a white wolf. The task was to make the world bright and beautiful once again.
okami.jpg

The game takes place in a huge and visually pleasing cel - shaded world, full of rivers, forests, mountains, and of course, monsters. What made the game unique was Okami's ability to use magic ink to perform special moves and abilities. Players had to draw certain strokes to perform a special ability like drawing a circle in the sky to call out the sun, or drawing a horizontal line to cut down some trees. It's all very new and unique.

The story was also pretty good with a lot of funny moments and also some touching scenes. The music was outstanding as well. Im surprised that the developer didn't make a sequel on the PS3. Do you think we'll see part 2 on the PS4?

Gladdy

Reaction score
Weren't there some rumors from one of the interviews at E3 from last year? I am sure that I read that they were hinting at the possibility of making a sequel of the Okami.

I have played this game and even though that it was a long time ago, I still remember it. It's the sort of game that you never really forget because it was so, so unique. The gameplay and the art style were so beautiful and well-done. I absolutely loved Okami and if they'd really make a sequel for it on the PS4 I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

lindbergh

Reaction score
They hinted at a sequel? That's good news! I was a bit sad when Capcom had to dissolved Clover Studio - the developer of Okami and Viewtiful Joe (another awesome Cel-shaded game) in 2007. All hopes regarding an Okami sequel seemed to go down the drain since that happened.

It would be such a shame if Okami will not experience having a sequel while some crappy game franchises keep on making sequel after sequel. I do hope that Capcom and those who hinted at a sequel are serious. I'm pretty sure that the game would do well in the market if ever it comes out.

Tania997

Reaction score
They hinted at a sequel? That's good news! I was a bit sad when Capcom had to dissolved Clover Studio - the developer of Okami and Viewtiful Joe (another awesome Cel-shaded game) in 2007. All hopes regarding an Okami sequel seemed to go down the drain since that happened.

It would be such a shame if Okami will not experience having a sequel while some crappy game franchises keep on making sequel after sequel. I do hope that Capcom and those who hinted at a sequel are serious. I'm pretty sure that the game would do well in the market if ever it comes out.
This game was so unique and good, I'd really like to play it again sometime. As for the rumors about a sequel, I heard about that too. Platinum games co-founder said something like "I’ve got ideas in my head for Okami 2 as well", so let's hope something comes out.