• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Will Kojima Finish Silent Hills?

lindbergh

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Silent Hill series. Even though the series slowly went downhill, I still had high hopes for it. My spirit lifted when the Silent Hills PT was released. It was a taste given by Hideo Kojima on what the next Silent Hill game should be. And it was absolutely terrifying (and that's a good thing for a horror game).

But then, all hell broke loose as Konami cut ties with Kojima which shook the video game industry. Do you guys think that Silent Hills will ever be finished? Is there a chance that Kojima will still work on the game even though Konani has the rights to the franchise?

I'm a hopeless addict that needs my fill of quality horror games. I hope Silent Hills will become a reality in the future.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to believe that, I don't think so. Maybe we would have a similar game from Kojima again someday, but it might not share the Silent Hill title. I don't mind that as long as they deliver something as good or maybe even better than the teaser from Silent Hills. I was even more hyped when I heard Junji Ito was working with them, I knew that the game is going to be very good as I loved ALL of Junji Ito's works and I treat them as masterpieces.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I sadly fear that he won't finish it. I agree with you that the whole series lost their quality over the years too... my favorite ones were all the older versions. Back on the PlayStation 1 and 2.

But regardless, I'd love for him to actually finish the Silent Hill. I think that us, the fans, deserve the last final game where he wraps it up but I don't think we will see to it.

thart

Reaction score
I love Silen Hill game too, and i hope they will finish it soon. All we can do now is to wait and to be patient, even the dark side in my mind told that maybe they will not finish it, but i am still optemistic.

Tania997

Reaction score
Considering what happened with Kojima and Konami, The P.T. Demo disappearing from PSN, I don't think so.. We might get a similar horror game since kojima likes the genre, but not this one. Silent hill was a konami product and as much as I and a lot of people loved it, I'm afraid we'll never see it again.