• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Why have I never played MineCraft before?

SharpShooter

Reaction score
I don't know if I just missed the bus to the MineCraft party or what, but I have never played it. I am fully aware of it, I'm in to those kinds of games, and I have the platforms with which to play them. Am I seriously missing out or what?

My question to everyone who does play MineCraft is this: Which platform should I use? Is PC the best? I think I can even get it on my cell phone now too. There are too many options!o_O

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to be hooked on it! It's rather addictive but can get boring quick.
I personally played on PC, it has more things than consoles and what-not.

jeremy2

Reaction score
You would be surprised at what you have been missing out on Minecraft.I would recommend a PC as the most suitable platform as the controls won't be a problem as compared to most consoles.

SharpShooter

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, the PC seems the most legit when it comes to MineCraft's true form. I do most of my college classes online though and do not need to have such a distraction right in front of me haha. :rolleyes:

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I played it once. for about 2 minutes on a friends account. I just don't get the purpose of the game :(

Atlas_Hope

Reaction score
I played it once. for about 2 minutes on a friends account. I just don't get the purpose of the game :(

Same here, played for about 15 minutes on my brother's pc and felt like I did everything I wanted to in the game. Not sure if its the lack of a clear objective or just the actual game, but it doesn't resonate with me.

primaLucid

Reaction score
I started playing a cracked version on Minecraft in vanilla. I was quickly drawn to it due to the expansive world that could let my mind be free and imaginative to new and improved heights.

Minecraft multiplayer is definitely what defines Minecraft in my opinion. Playing with friends is a lot more fun than playing yourself.

Medo22

Reaction score
I started playing Minecraft on PC and maybe that is how I started loving it. I played Minecraft on PS3, iOS, Android and PC and to be honest, playing it on PC was the best out of those platforms. The mouse and Keyboard make controlling the game so much easier which in turn allows you to have more fun when playing. The thing I like about Minecraft is that it is a game with no limitations, as you can do whatever you would like to do. Meaning that, it is you who defines your style of playing the game, as there is no one way or proper way of playing it and that is why Minecraft is a sandbox game. My advice to you would be to play it on PC and to play lots multiplayer games with your friends. Believe me, if you do those 2 things, the game would be way much more fun than it already is. It is never too late to play a GREAT game!

Webene

Reaction score
I never understood the appeal of Minecraft, but that is probably because I never gave it a real go. My friends seem to love playing it on the PC. I would always see them either building something, exploring or running away from zombies. The game itself seems quite unorthodox as there is no real objective, and it is up to the player to decide what they want to aim for. This could put a new player in a difficult position as they don't really know where to go. Those who love the game though, will find something that suits their interest and it can become addicting quickly. It seems all the Let's play videos for Minecraft are getting a lot of attention, so the popularity in the game is still there. These videos might also give you something to try or inspire you to do something different.

utneqo7d

Reaction score
I played a cracked version like 3 times, and I didn't really like it back then.
Later, I bought the game, though I didn't play it for months until I recently started watching minecraft videos on youtube and started playing on servers and I now find the game actually quite interesting.

Rubyquill

Reaction score
I only started playing Minecraft a short five months ago after some friends put together a server and begged me to join up. I was mildly amused at first killing enderman and creepers, but then we switched over to a new launcher and server and installed Hermitcraft Modsauce. The addition of all those mods, especially HarvestCraft and the Bloodmagic mod, really breathed new life into the game for me, It allowed me to really fulfill the healer/cleric role I'd been missing on the game so far.

On top of that, thanks to YouTube I discovered a whole world of creative builds and interesting interior design, which took me above and beyond the dirt houses I'd gotten used to. I created my own Italian villa, complete with a working farm and vineyard, and plan on making a lot more!

Jack123

Reaction score
For Minecraft, I will always recommend PC, nothing else. It is limitless on PC, whereas on other platforms it is very-much limited and you're likely to not enjoy it as much. PC has so many different forms, such as the gameplay in every single server is different. I haven't yet gone on one server where it's the same as another (unless it's plain survival etc), but the community is always different and varied.