• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Which was your favorite version of Fifa, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webene

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Do you think the games have improved with each year? Was there some feature(s) of earlier versions of the game that you still reminisce about?
I still remember scoring the insane fun goals in FIFA10, and the fast pace of players in '13.

Last edited:

BluBird

Reaction score
Funnily enough it is 13. I just had so much fun on that game. UT was amazing, especially playing with my friends but now I don't play at all. The presentation and soundtrack bring back some good memories man, even though I only finished playing last year.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I find 15 the best. I play it for a solid 2 hours every day, although I only play UT. A lot has been improved since 14 and 13 with online although there's still all those bullshit lob passes and headed goals occurring.

Webene

Reaction score
Funnily enough it is 13. I just had so much fun on that game. UT was amazing, especially playing with my friends but now I don't play at all. The presentation and soundtrack bring back some good memories man, even though I only finished playing last year.
I think playing against friends was what made the Fifa games so fun for me. From all the late night Fifa tournaments to the Facebook apologies when you or your friend lost by more than 5 goals definitely added so many more memories. The soundtracks were awesome! Sometimes I hear one on the radio and even if I don't know what it's called, I know it's from Fifa.

Webene

Reaction score
I find 15 the best. I play it for a solid 2 hours every day, although I only play UT. A lot has been improved since 14 and 13 with online although there's still all those bullshit lob passes and headed goals occurring.
I think the improvements in Fifa15 are definitely noticeable, and I would say many of the 'glitches' from '14 have been somewhat fixed. It was so frustrating having your defender positioned perfectly, yet somehow the cross still managed to find the head of the opposition's striker. Online matches were always quite stressful for me, especially when the opponent scored in the 90th minute after some ridiculous lucky long shot or deflection.

LitoLawless

Reaction score
I think my favorite FIFA is FIFA 12. I think this is the one I had, all I can really remember is that Chromeo's "Bonafied Lovin'" was featured on the soundtrack. I would spend a lot of time playing that game. It really is responsible for my new found love in soccer as a sport. I would still play this over more recent soccer games any day.

CemeteryGates23

Reaction score
My favorites have been '09, '12 and '14. The first one, I loved the experience points thing in Manager Mode (by far my favorite game mode on FIFA). I love RPGs, so yeah, no wonder I loved that about it, but it also meant playing well was rewarding to allow you to have a better team, rather than just spending money on the best players around and offered a clearer benefit to playing games over simulating them. Plus, for someone who doesn't like 95% of FIFA music, I thought it had the best soundtrack.
FIFA 12 because it was fast-paced and dynamic, it improved over many things in the previous two titles. It was just very well-crafted, I think.
FIFA 14 because I missed 13, but between 12 and 14 there's an insane amount of changes and most of the, I really liked; the engine feels much fresher, for one, and though it's not something that weighs heavily for me in most cases, it does look very pretty indeed.
I have high hopes for FIFA 16, but I haven't got around to buying it yet...

djordjem87

Reaction score
I never liked FIFA and was always for PES. However, FIFA 15 and the previous one was much better than PES and it is not easy to say these being a fan or PES for many years. Somehow it is much easier to play PES. If you play long enough you learn it by heart. It is like pattern. Like when we playesd Super Mario. We always go in three variations. It is boring sometimes. And too many crazy defending in PES. You do not see in FIFA that defenders misjudge the long and high passes like in PES. It is frustrating when you want to get the player back on the ball and the attacker but something is pulling him towards the centre of the pitch. In FIFA players, mostly defenders, do their job much better. They never roam like butterflies on a meadow.

Dabstin

Reaction score
14 was the last one I truly enjoyed. Maybe I just started finding it a waste of money to keep purchasing the same game every year for minor improvements and new teams/players/kits/graphics/etc. FIFA 15 felt like a true waste of money. It didn't feel all that different from 14 and I just found myself bored with the game after a while. I still miss the excitement that FIFA 12 brought to my heart with the introduction of Ultimate Team. The game engine and controls are a little inconvenient but I still get the urge to go play a match or two on that game for the sake of nostalgia. I haven't bought FIFA 16 and I won't buy 17 or 18 or 19 or 48929482. The game stopped being fun for me a long time ago.

fcuco

Reaction score
I have a soft spot for FIFA 98 because it was the first one I played. It was for the PC yet I think that FIFA was a perfect match for consoles and not PCs, the graphics are, of course, very outdated by now, but, nevertheless, it was a really fun game since it was more arcade than simulation as the newer ones tend to be.

It was also the World Cup edition and, since then, all FIFA games are usually beefed up every four years for the World Cup. I remember that France World Cup clearly, it was pretty fun to watch, it appears that the most recent ones are more and more boring each time.

Dowls

Reaction score
2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa. That was by far the best FIFA game I have played and it was perhaps the most in-depth game they have made around a WC or Euro competition (199 teams). The game-play was very fluid and the most realistic I had seen at that time. You wouldn't think it would be too different from FIFA 10 but it really did feel different.

I remember spending 100's of hours on that game because of it's wealth of game modes. Captain your country, A world cup story mode where you could compete from the qualifiers or from the start of the world cup event and the one that I sunk most of my time into, the online FIFA world cup where you chose a country to represent and you earned points for the chosen country while using whatever team you wanted.

Kelly1

Reaction score
FiFA 16!
I think thаt FIFа 16 is vеry gооd аnd is аlsо tоtаlly diffеrеnt frоm FIFА 15.

Thе pаssеs hаvе tо bе timеd gооd аnd thе plаyеr hаs tо bе in thе pоsitiоn tо pаss thе bаll. Thе сrоssеs аrе hаrdеr аs thеy hаvе tо bе mоrе ассurаtе аnd thе gоаlkееpеrs аrе sееn оftеn сrоssing thе linе tо саtсh оr punсh а bаll frоm а сrоss thаt саmе сlоsеr.
Lоng shоts аrе mаdе mоrе ассurаtе аnd еаsy. Thе dеfеnding оn thе оthеr hаnd, hаs imprоvеd vеry muсh. Slidе tасklеs wоrk pеrfесtly аnd thе dеfеndеr sееms tо stаnd his grоund if nоt pullеd mаnuаlly rаthеr thаn running аrоund thе strikеr.
FIFа 16, оvеrаll hаs imprоvеd by bringing thе gаmе сlоsеr tо асtuаl fооtbаll by mаking pаssing vеry еssеntiаl аnd prоpеr dеfеnding vеry еssеntiаl tо stоp thе build-up оf plаy. Thе grаphiсs, аbsоlutеly hаs imprоvеd vеry muсh аnd thе plаyеrs lооk еvеn bеttеr thаn in FIFа 15.

camshaq23

Reaction score
FIFA 14 use t be my favorite cause to do tricks was easier back then than now in FIFA 17. I use to be a beast on 14 winning anwone brave enough to challenge me. FIFA 17 ain't that bad comparing to 14, it's just that it takes a lot of getting use to the news physics and feel of the game.

Tom van 't Hooft

Reaction score
FIFA 13. Because the gameplay felt the most enjoyable to me. Starting from FIFA 14, the physical aspect became too big, which made the game a lot less fun for me. I might be biased by the fact that I was pretty good at FIFA 13 and could consistently beat my friends and online opponents playing it though.

Sino989

Reaction score
What was my favorite version of Fifa, huh? My favorite version of Fifa would happen to be Fifa Street because it's a very fun game and it's the first Fifa I've ever played.

Harrysung

Reaction score
My favorite is FIFA 14, because it's what most of my friends love playing the most. I love the build of the game more than the recent versions

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
To be honest, I've loved every single FIFA game. And there is a reason why I find the FIFA17 for XB360 to be one of the greatest games. You see, I'm really into nextgen graphics and games and I love how FIFA17 looks on a XBONE or PS4, but when it comes to gameplay, I just love the movements, the logics, the physics that FIFA17 for XB360 offers. I really don't know what it is, I just feel super comfortable playing it. I love it every single time and I just cannot compare it to the next gen consoles gameplay.

troslim

Reaction score
FIFA 13 for me personally, played a lot of ultimate team and probably had my best team that year. Traded a lot to earn a lot of money to be albe to afford good players.

nyiguto17

Reaction score
I do believe the improvements in Fifa15 are definitely noticeable, and I would say many of the 'glitches' from '14 have been to some degree fixed. It was so frustrating having your opponent positioned perfectly, yet in some manner the cross still handled to find your head of the opposition's striker. On-line matches were always quite stressful for me, in particular when the opponent scored in the 90th minute after some ridiculous lucky long shot or deflection.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I enjoyed FIFA 15. It was such a fun game and I really loved to play it against my friends. Pace and headers were overpowered so it made the game fun. That was also the year when I did not have much to do so I just played FIFA almost 5 hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.