• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Which new PC games have caught your eye?

Kaitara

Reaction score
Are there any new (or even obscure and forgotten games) that have caught your eye for PC?
Use this thread to spread the word about games you think look interesting or amazing!

Recently, I saw an interview on The Late Show with one of the creators of No Man's Sky, a planetary exploration game that uses our own universe as inspiration and contains 18 QUADRILLION unique planets. I'm really excited for this one!

Another PC game I think is going to be awesome is Prey for the Gods, a Shadow of the Colossus type game that pits you alone against giant monsters. While it does sort of look like a reskinned carbon copy of SotC, I really hope they get this game off the ground so everyone who loved SotC can experience a new game with the same style!

Patrick

Reaction score
The new Hitman game has been fueling my hype for a while now.

BulletBiter

Reaction score
Fallout 4. I've always been a huge fan of the franchise and I honestly can't wait for it. It feels a lot more different than its predecessors, and hopefully has gone through massive improvements in animation (which always looked bulky).

guruproto

Reaction score
There are so many new releases coming that it's hard to peg just one. I guess the Division and Fallout are the games that I'm looking forward to the most. I love shooters and the Division is shaping up to an awesome, multiplayer experience. The graphics are impressive and the light RPG elements make it an appealing prospect. I've been watching the trailers and reading info leaks as they come out, so I can't wait to get my hands on it. Fallout 4 is my other choice. I played the previous Fallout and fell in love with it and the mods for the game. I'm trying to save up for a nice laptop so I can run it, and the dozens of mods I'm planning on installing.

Kaitara

Reaction score
I know Fallout has huge hype from pretty much everyone. To be honest, I've never even played a Fallout game :dead: I feel like I'm in the vast minority in that, but I've always preferred fantasy settings over post-apocalyptic. Still, I should definitely try it out this time around I guess. I've heard they are massively fun games.

PSyCHoHaMSTeRza

Reaction score
Well, I preordered Wolfenstein TNO, and the moment I saw that preordering gives you access to the new DOOM beta, I started screaming like a teenage girl at a One Direction concert. I have always loved iD games, my earliest memory as a games was LANing Quake 2 with my dad when I was but a wee tyke. And that was when I became a gamer by heart.

So of course, a new Doom game gets me giddy in all kinds of sensual and non-sensual ways.

Steamroller

Reaction score
I'm also currently waiting for No Man's Sky and Yookah Laylee. Yookah Laylee is a succesful kickstarter campaign currently in development by the creators of Banjo Kazooie. I have great expectations with this game, since It implies the returning of collectathon adventure games in Videogame Industry.

JoshSucksAtGames

Reaction score
TBH, I haven't been keeping up with new releases. Been playin' a lot of the same old stuff lately. Plus, on kind of crappy equipment right now so I can't play many games atm.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
Prior to opening this thread, the first game that came to my head was "No Man's Sky." The game is so incredibly unique. The concept is brilliant and I think it will add a new flare to the world of gaming. We've seen games like this before, but not to this extent. The fact that the creator is taking as much time as he is making everything perfect makes me even more excited about the release. As disappointed as I was to see the hold on the release date, I'm super happy that they are trying to produce quality.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Well a game that I recently picked up is called Fractured Space. Really fun MOBA-style game, but with a twist. You are controlling a huge flagship with drones and fighters at your disposal, as well as the full arsenal of a capital ship. The game is a ton of fun, especially for me because I love the idea of being in the thick of it with big space ships as if I was in star wars or something :p

taco

Reaction score
Grim Dawn has been taking up A LOT of my time lately, this is really one of the better RPGs that has come along recently. I also dropped 5 bucks to get the new DLC for it Crucible that just came out, it was worth 5 bucks but I wouldn't have paid much more for it. Its really just a few different arenas where they just keep sending monsters at you till you die. I haven't found too many good items grinding through it yet after about 10 hours of play.

SirJoe

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Civilizations. Civilizations VI will be launched in October and I am really looking forward to it. I haven't finished playing Civilizations V but as soon as I do I will buy it. I still have a lot of gaming in front of me before I get there, but I have seen some videos online and Civilizations VI promises to be the best one yet.

taco

Reaction score
Ooh yeah, definitely on the lookout for Civilization VI here too. And the great thing about the series is you never finish playing it, as soon as you beat it one way there are a thousand other options to try like the one city challenge. Heck I still play the original Civilization every once in a while just for nostalgia sake :)

AnonLu

Reaction score
Multi platform games? Way too many to count. PC exclusive games? Probably Fortnite (Not sure that's how you spell it), Star Citizen, and maybe a couple others.

Dowls

Reaction score
I have honestly not seen any games I'd like to pick up, aside from maybe Overwatch but I can't justify paying full price for it.
No Mans sky is terribly overrated in my opinion, perhaps it's just not my type of game.
I'm a PC and PS4 owner and weirdly, I'm only excited for one release which is in-fact a microsoft exclusive. Forza Horizon 3.

moosesbroose

Reaction score
I'm a gold mine for great under the radar games, especially survival games.

Everyone's heard of Ark, and Rust, but two of my favorite hidden treasures are 7 Days 2 Die, and Savage Lands. Both hold something very unique and splendid.

• 7 Days 2 die is a Zombie Survivale game ( I know, I know it's been done a million times) that brings great RPG, crafting and tower defense mechanics to an already fun and interesting situation. You are in a post apocalyptic world where zombies are a constant threat, hunger, thirst, heat and illness' are always at risk. You start with nothing, have to build stone axes, bows and arrows and shelter to stay alive. Scavang Navezgane for food and useful items. Fend off zombie attacks, build your base or upgrade a current super mart. Set up defenses for the oncoming 7th day when the blood moon rises and the zombies hunger spikes them into rage. They become feral and know where you are. They have several unique zombies that I won't spoil for you, they have mining, a leveling system, weather system, bioms that all hold their own pros and cons, and my favorite part is that these zombies are of a hivemind. Yeah, that's right, hivemind zombies. If you alert one zombie of your presence and there are more in your area, all will be alerted and start hunting you. It's a very difficult but rewarding game that you can play alone, or with friends, and even with enemies on a PVP server. Craft guns, load up and go kill some zombies.

• Savage lands is another survival game but is just a completely different story all together. Think Skyrim, then think survival skyrim. Wolves, angry skeletons, dragons and more await you. You must get warm in the winter island, stay full, keep track of time and plan your day accordingly. Upgrade your cotton clothing into hide armor and even metal armors to help defend against enemies. Build a hut, crafting bench, armory and more using your scarce resources. This is no walk in the park, even simple wood for your fire can be a scarce resource at times. Gain strength and head out against your enemies to gain knowledge of this unknown island you awoke to. A brutal game that I have died in almost as much as Dark souls, but enjoy as much as Skyrim. Put your helm on and pick your favorite weapon, cause those wolves won't wait on you.
Now for some fun and quirky play with your friend games i highly recommend Battleblock Theater and my person favorite Ultimate Chicken horse. Both are outrageously fun multiplayer games that my friends and I have spent countless hours battling in. Get ready for a pissing party and lots of laughs.

• Battleblock theater is just too much to try to explain. I really can't do this game justice. First it is a Co-op game, but don't let that fool you into believing you are your friends will be buddy buddy the whole time. This game is full of puzzles and time challenges, cute but annoyingly strong enemies and a story line that I could never do justice here. It's witty, unique, childish yet dark, challenging beyond belief, and addictive. There is a story-line to play, or vs' arena, and a workshop where you can design your own levels to screw with your friends. I really wish i could explain this game better, but there it is just a tone of fun.

• Ultimate chicken Horse was a discovery of mine a few months ago that I have never regretted. The name says it all, Ultimate.Chicken.Horse. You build the level as you play with each character getting to choose one of 4 random items at the beginning of each turn. You want to be able to get to the red flag which marks the end and score points, but you also want to make it as difficult for everyone else as humanly(or whatever animal you are-ly) possible. Which as you can imagine makes it extremely difficult for yourself also. Who ever gets there first gets the most points, if no one gets there a new round begins and more pieces are chosen this continues until someone wins. Lay taps, create dastardly obstacles and try to get as many points as you can before the round is over. I'll tell you right now, this party game will have rage-quiting and a whole lot of yelling. I guarantee it's well worth it.

I really got into this haha, sorry if I went out of control. I hope this helps!

ulfhedin

Reaction score
Styx: Shards of Darkness. In it you play a goblin rogue, who is obsessed with something called amber. It is actually the second one in the series, the first is called Styx: Master of Shadows. I have the first game, and it is pretty freaking cool. As you play through, the goblin get special abilities that makes his job easier. It is essentially a stealth game like Assassin Creed or Thief, but being a goblin, that is three feet tall, makes it easier to hide. The game came out March 14th. Go check it out.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
At the moment, Assassin's Creed (when it's released) and Call of Duty: WWII when that's released. There hasn't been many recent games that have caught my eye.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Styx: Shards of Darkness. In it you play a goblin rogue, who is obsessed with something called amber. It is actually the second one in the series, the first is called Styx: Master of Shadows. I have the first game, and it is pretty freaking cool. As you play through, the goblin get special abilities that makes his job easier. It is essentially a stealth game like Assassin Creed or Thief, but being a goblin, that is three feet tall, makes it easier to hide. The game came out March 14th. Go check it out.

I absolutely loved the first one! Such an underrated gem, I tried it not expecting too much and I had a total blast!

And, to answer OP's question.... not really, actually. I mean, a lot of games always caught my attention: I go through the "new releases" section of Steam each day, and day after day my wishlist grows. Currently it has over 600 games, including indies, AAA, dlc, and also some softwares that I tink might be interesting. If I have to pick one the recent games, I'd say that Nier Automata looks pretty interesting. Sadly, I have to upgrade my PC before being able to even play it.

Gladdy

Reaction score
At the moment, Assassin's Creed (when it's released) and Call of Duty: WWII when that's released. There hasn't been many recent games that have caught my eye.
Same, I'm waiting for November so I can finally try WWII, hopefully, it'll be better than their last games.

Other than that, I'm intrigued by Little Nightmares. I've seen some streams of it on Twitch and it looked like a really fun game. It's an adventure/puzzle style so if you like that sort of games I'd recommend you check it out.

Another one on my list is Expeditions: Viking because I love watching Vikings the TV series and I find their tales and culture interesting. Not sure how the game is though. It's turn based RPG and has positive reviews on steam. I still have to decide if I want to buy it or not.