• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Which is/was your nobody-else-like-it game?

mistakenichi

Reaction score
I spend part of my childhood playing Monster Rancher on PS1. My cousins were fans of Twisted Metal and Tekken, and I was fan too, but when they played Monster Rancher they looked at me as I was a weird thing.

Now there's a minigame into Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, the Nine Men's Morris you find in the taverns. Everyone hates it. I love it. I also made a real one for playing with my friends when I'm disconnected.

BdehQrtIUAARMJo.jpg

Which is yours?

Westerlies

Reaction score
Hmmm.. I think for me, it was World of Warcraft. While all my friends were very much into Runescape and Counter-Strike, I was playing WoW and having the best time. They would poke fun at my favorite game being the MMORP while I was playing along side them in Counter-Strike, but that didn't stop me from playing. I kept just playing whatever game made me feel happy and excited to play it and nothing can go wrong from that. I've never heard of Monster Rancher what is that game like? Is the mini-game in Assasin's Creed like checkers?

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
I spend part of my childhood playing Monster Rancher on PS1.

No way! I just found out there was a Monster Rancher PS1 game, I loved the TV Show when I was a kid! I'd have probably lost so many hours going through it, I swear.

And to be honest, I can't think of a single instance where I've liked an unpopular game... I'm rather mainstream in my style, after all. However, I remember there being a lot of backlash against MU Online players back in the day despite its mid popularity.

lindbergh

Reaction score
Do you guys know of a game called Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman? No? Well that's what I thought. It was a game for the PS1 and it featured a cowboy like character named Zan who had a gun and also wielded a sword.
301206-risingzan_004.jpg

No friend of mine liked the game because it had mediocre 3D graphics and a silly story. But the combat system was awesome! I think that the game was ahead of its time. The underpowered PS1 wasn't capable of fully realizing the game's main concept.

Back to the combat system - the game allowed you to use the sword and the gun at the same time. You could shoot your enemies from a distance or get close to them for some samurai action. Think of Devil May Cry but for the PS1. Awesome right? :D

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
Do you guys know of a game called Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman? No? Well that's what I thought. It was a game for the PS1 and it featured a cowboy like character named Zan who had a gun and also wielded a sword.
301206-risingzan_004.jpg

No friend of mine liked the game because it had mediocre 3D graphics and a silly story. But the combat system was awesome! I think that the game was ahead of its time. The underpowered PS1 wasn't capable of fully realizing the game's main concept.

Back to the combat system - the game allowed you to use the sword and the gun at the same time. You could shoot your enemies from a distance or get close to them for some samurai action. Think of Devil May Cry but for the PS1. Awesome right? :D

I am quite surprised that your friends would not like that game. It was one of my favorite games when I was still playing with my PS1! I thought it was actually one of the best games back then. The concept of the gameplay is somewhat simple like a hack n' slash game but it felt amazing to play because of the action it has. It is amazing to win button mashing competitions againsts bosses.

I think that the game I like that nobody else I know does is Kamen Rider fighting games especially those from PSP. I love Kamen Rider and maybe it's the only reason why I have the game.

Blaine019

Reaction score
DU
I spend part of my childhood playing Monster Rancher on PS1. My cousins were fans of Twisted Metal and Tekken, and I was fan too, but when they played Monster Rancher they looked at me as I was a weird thing.

Now there's a minigame into Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, the Nine Men's Morris you find in the taverns. Everyone hates it. I love it. I also made a real one for playing with my friends when I'm disconnected.

BdehQrtIUAARMJo.jpg

Which is yours?
DUDE !!!!! I finally found someone who loves monster rancher like me!! I'm really hoping for a new monster rancher game for pc or just remaster the game for pc. I've been playing monster rancher 2 for years now. It's always in my emulators whether its pc, tablet or cellphone. This game made me a gamer. I also play monster rancher battle cards.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score

Waitwaitwaitwait, there was a Monster Rancher game on the PSX? How the hell have I learned about this just now?! I freaking loved the anime as a kid.
Mh, one of the games I played the most that no one seemed to know or appreciate was Auto Modellista. It was a racing game developed by Capcom with cel-shaded graphics, and I absolutely loved its style. It was nice, you could even customize your car and it was fun to play. No one shared my enthusiasm for the game, though.
Similar story with True Crime, on the PS2. Everyone was busy playing GTA and here I was, playing a knock-off game because it was cheaper, but I still loved that game.

Pixie06

Reaction score
It was Metal Gear Solid for me. I really liked this game but my siblings used to make fun of me whenever I used to play this game. I had to ignore them and this was really hard. However, I continued to play the game and I still think that this is a really good game.

Gladdy

Reaction score

Which is yours?

Oh my god, I remember that minigame in AC: Black Flag. I tried to learn it and even attempted it a few times then I was just like NOPE and moved on with the side quests :p

For me, it was Final Fantasy XIII. I read so many reviews where the people absolutely hated the whole game. Even my own friends disliked it and I have no clue why. I finished it twice already and I found it really good... the whole thing was well designed, the plot was interesting and not at all straightforward, the characters are good and have nice personalities, etc.

Every time I even say ''I loved Final Fantasy XIII'' there's somebody that tends to disagree. But I guess it's all due to our own preferences and perception.

mistakenichi

Reaction score
I've never heard of Monster Rancher what is that game like? Is the mini-game in Assasin's Creed like checkers?

No! That's Nine Men's Morris. Monster Rancher is a video game later adapted to Japanese tv, pretty popular on my country for a while.

I've never played WoW. I was a 10-hours-madboy with AoE II but never made the step. Do you still play it?
[doublepost=1502922294,1502921968][/doublepost]
I think that the game I like that nobody else I know does is Kamen Rider fighting games especially those from PSP. I love Kamen Rider and maybe it's the only reason why I have the game.
Kamen Rider looks pretty good. For me, fighting games were Bloody Roar, Tekken and Soul Calibur... well, I can't forget Digimon Rumble Arena haha. Never heard of that one, I'll take a look on it.

God bless the Era of Emulator.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
It seems like Final Fantasy XII is a game no one likes. I adore it. It's like a single player MMO! I adore the licensing system and the side quests. I thought the characters were fun, if yes, a touch generic. The world of Ivalice is among my favorite fantasy locales, and this is its finest presentation to date.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Mine would've probably been The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. It was a very repetitive game that got boring fast, but I did enjoy it to be honest.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I spend part of my childhood playing Monster Rancher on PS1.
maxresdefault.jpg

I too, played Monster Rancher as a kid. I thought it was fun and since I watched the TV show, I knew most of the characters in there. Too bad I didn't know how to fight in the arena, so I just had the controls given to the monsters themselves, where they fought on their own. I never went far in any of the tournaments because relying on AI moves isn't as effective as doing it yourself. They also died for reasons during the course of the game :(

xXInfectedXx

Reaction score
I'm spending most of my childhood playing Minecraft. It's a great adventure game, and you can really explore with your mind. Loving the game!

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
In my time as a kid, I would say that my game back then was Minecraft and GTA San Andreas... I remember always going back and playing GTA San Andreas when I was young, and I would always restart the game so I can play all the missions again.

Minecraft wise, I always had played on servers with a few friends and always had a fun time on MC.

Mace

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I played a HotWheels game on DS, looking back now that was probably the most repetitive game ever, it was basically just a racing grind in terrible graphics.

Heatman

Reaction score

BdehQrtIUAARMJo.jpg

Which is yours?

Candy crush saga is the worst game that I have seen lots of people play and from the looks of it, they really enjoy playing it. That particular game sucks to me, I see no fun in playing. Just watching and drawing some same color candies to crush and give you point is very crazy to me.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I know this will come off weird since it's a cult hit now, but I swear no one would give Okami a chance when it came out. I saw it advertized by Morgan Web on her tv show back in the day on G4. I fell in love with the visual style imediately. It was my introduction to Shinto mythology, which I still like reading about now.