• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

WHEN WILL PLAYSTATION 5 BE REALEASED?

Dhanidhamy

Reaction score
Ive been anticipating when ps5 will be released and the specifications that would come with it,I will love to hear your reviews and when you think it will be out.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Well, Sony has not said a single thing so far... no hints or anything so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Maybe in 2018? hopefully. I think that Sony is more than happy to wait for a bit longer due to the success of PS4. PS4 has been one of the best selling consoles in the HISTORY.

I can't wait though. I am so curious about the design, what they will change, what they will keep, how will the controller be and of course, how strong will it be compared to the Xbox One X

Sino989

Reaction score
Well considering the ps4 has recently come out and they are still making newer consoles of the ps4 I highly doubt it will be anytime soon lol.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, It seems that an announcement was made about the date on when the PlayStation 5 will be released. The Wall Street Journal said that Playstation 5 will be released in 2018 but it did not publish a specific date.
The hardware should be powerful enough to run all kind of games but the price I don't think it will be below 500 dollars!

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
It will be on 2018 because I don't think Sony will release another Play Station series product this year. They already have in line PS4 PRO and Play Station VR this year. So most probably they will launch PS5 next year in 2018.

lordrenly

Reaction score
Yes, I think I saw the announcement that it will be released in 2018. I think that was just a rough estimate, though because I have read also people expecting it to be released in 2019. I think the worse case scenario, it will be at least available around September of 2019 judging from the pace and the theories.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
It will come out at the same time the new Xbox console will come out. I'm expecting an official announcement from Sony next year, but they will release the PlayStation 5 until 2020 for sure.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Well considering we're still about to get a new PS4 update soon, PS4 Pro, I think it would take some time. Probably even a long time at this rate. I doubt Sony would just release a new and improved PS4 version and then suddenly release the PS5, that would be a huge ripoff for a lot of people. Besides, there's still a lot of good games that are about to come to PS4 so I think we're merely reaching it's prime.

zeedollar

Reaction score
2019 should be the date, so just die down your anticipation for now because the PS4 pro is still yet to roll out and some other products Sony has inline. but when it actually comes out, i have no doubt it will be a monster.

Ash

Reaction score
I'm sure that they have already started brainstorming ideas for the next PlayStation. They may have already started development to be fair. It will take a long time though before they release it. I mean the PS4 is not extremely old which means that it has a couple of more years left in it before it can be deemed out of date. Because of that they will attempt to milk the PS4 as much as they to maximise profits. Once sales start decreasing rapidly, they will start rumours and then start releasing details little by little. I wouldn't expect a PS5 or whatever it will be called to be released before 2020 at least.

thart

Reaction score
There is no news in this moment, but just a guess maybe between 2019 to 2022 we will hear something about it.

overcast

Reaction score
Don't expect it to be released in 2017. You can find that if this game were to be releasing in 2017 December. You'd get the preview and teaser trailers from now. But so far no movement not even leaks are being confirmed. So upto next year july there does not seem to be anything confirmed on that end.

whatareyou420

Reaction score
It'll likely be released no earlier than 2020, though I'd bet it'd be released a few years after that. The PS3 was out for about 8 years before it was released. It just really wouldn't make sense to release it in a year or two as some on here as suggested. It would be way to early.

hermessantos

Reaction score
I also think that only in 2018 will we have some news regarding the launch of PS5. Until then, I can only enjoy my PS4 (with great pleasure) hahaha.

fireball916

Reaction score
I'd think no sooner than late 2019. They'll probably announce it or start teasing it late 2018 or early 2019. Probably early 2019 to not hurt their holiday sales. Then released late 2019 early 2020. It'd think that would be long enough for a really solid 4k/vr ready hardware prices to drop enough to make it into a reasonably priced console.

Lukehh

Reaction score
Honestly with the way gaming seems to be going, I don't think we will see a "PS5" in the way you know it. these slow incremental upgrades like the Ps4 PRO and Xbox One X seems to be taking the lead. Instead of a ps5, I envision a ps4 which allows stuff like better graphics, and better performance then the ps4 pro to be released in the next few years, instead of spending the money on research and development of a new console.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Meh, I stopped caring about the Playstation when I got a good PC. Only thing I'm missing out on are the exclusive games, but I don't think it's worth buying an entirely new console, a TV to plug it into, and the games that I want to play. For me it's not worth it and just cut my losses if that means I can't play the exclusives.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I personally wonder if there will be a Playstation 5? I half expect to one of these days hear the major console developers state that the next "console" wont be a piece of hardware, but an in-house game service a-la Steam that runs on a glorified $50 streaming box. Having said that, Sony just got its Project Scorpio on the market so we're probably about at the half way mark for the life cycle of the PS4. I would say definitely not before 2020, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's as late as 2022.

Jameson

Reaction score
I aslo thought that PS5 release date would be 2018 but with the release of X Box 'Project Scorpio' this year,I think Sony will be making a new launch sooner than we may think.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
2019 should be the date, so just die down your anticipation for now because the PS4 pro is still yet to roll out and some other products Sony has inline. but when it actually comes out, i have no doubt it will be a monster.
True, I think we can only go so far graphics-wise. Good suggestion on 2019, I've just looked up the gaps on Playstation releases and it seems to be 6-7 years every time. So we should have PS5 by 2019 or 2020. I agree that it might not be that big of a leap though, maybe just as good as the maximum graphics available in PC. Who knows though, we might get a console-handheld like the Switch. It's been a while since we've had a new Sony Playstation handheld too.