• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS3 What's your "Essential Games" list?

DMCampos

Reaction score
Ignoring sports releases, the last few PS3 games will come out next year and I think now is a good time for a list of your essential games.
I think we can still have a couple surprises next year, such as the translated Yakuza 5 (I'm a little biased, but I really think it will be great!), but the best games are mostly out yet.

The Uncharted trilogy, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, GTA V and the Yakuza games were some of my favorites this gen, so those are the games I would consider essential, even though there are many more!

So what are the games you consider essential for every PS3 owner to have in his/her collection?

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
GTA V, BF4, The Last of Us & FIFA 15.
That's my opinion anyways.

Squigly

Reaction score
Gonna focus on PS3 exclusives here: Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Uncharted, and Ace Combat Infinity.

JayWifi

Reaction score
I have played many games for the PS3 and if you are just getting into it for the exclusives then these are some essential games you should try out:
1. God of War III
2. Uncharted
3. The Last of Us
4. Gran Turismo 5
5. Starhawk
6. Twisted Metal
7. LittleBigPlanet
8. Modnation Racers

While these games might not be your typical interest, its good to broaden your horizons.

primaLucid

Reaction score
I'd say GTA V and Battlefield 4. I am also looking forward to The Crew for Ps4.

kittyworker

Reaction score
GTA V, BF4, The Last of Us & FIFA 15.
That's my opinion anyways.

Im sorry, but I'd just like to point out that you have picked four games that are available on the Next Gen consoles. To me they need to be exclusive to, at the very least that generation, to be essential.

As for the Original question...
Metal Gear Solid 4
Red Dead Redemption
Assassins Creed 2

Pudge

Reaction score
The one that comes to mind immediately is Demon's Souls. Absolutely fantastic game with a great art style and even better level design. This game is an absolute must-play in my opinion, especially if you enjoyed the Dark Souls titles that came a bit later.

The Last of Us is also really, really good and I recommend it to anybody who enjoys any kind of narrative experience.

joshposh

Reaction score
I'd get anything that has the Hit man series attached to it and Zombie themed games are cool. I don't like the feel of the new Resident Evil games. I thought the free flowing "running around" movement was better. This fixed position and ready to shoot is irritating during game play.

lgdg090596

Reaction score
Here's my list:

1) Tekken
2) Atelier Roronoa
3) GTA
4) GoW
5) NBA

pwarbi

Reaction score
Having a PS3 from the day they was released I have quite a few games I can look back on. some of my favourites have to include the silent hill games and also heavy rain.

When heavy rain came out, even though the controls were a bit quirky, they did work quite well as far as that game was concerned.

As for a few others...Gran turismo, fight night, and a lesser known game that some might find a bit boring but I loved, G1 champion jockey! I'm not into horse racing at all but I was addicted to that game.

camshaq23

Reaction score
My must have games would be

Gran Turismo 7
NFS 2015
Ride 2
FIFA latest
GTA V

dracula77

Reaction score
This is my list of favorite games that I almost played all my life.
DEAD SPACE
FEZ
GTA
NBA
FIFA
God of War III
MORTAL KOMBAT

Denis_P

Reaction score
Hmm, let me think about that. Currently I don't have a PlayStation 3 but I can recall all the games I had which I valued the most. Off the top of my head, I'd say they were:

- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Gran Turismo 5
- God of War 3
- The Uncharted Trilogy
- Demon's Souls
- Little Big Planet

While there were certainly other games on the PS3 which I may have liked more than these, I chose exclusive titles which I felt are what made the PlayStation experience unique.

thart

Reaction score
I don't have a PS 3 yet, But i will choose a list.
- God Of War 3
- Demon's Souls
- Dead Space
- Assassins Creed

lindbergh

Reaction score
The Essential PS3 Games List Excluding Sports Games as requested by OP:
8081370586_1886863604_z.jpg

• God of War 3 - Beat up gods in all its bloody glory.
  • Uncharted Series - the male version of Lara Croft is so much better.
  • Metal Gear Solid IV and V - stealth action at its finest.
  • The Last of Us - a very emotional game with lots of action.
  • Journey - a unique game that features minimalism.
  • Little Big Planet - It has Sackboy
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - one of the best RPGs on the PS3
  • Valkyria Chronicles - awesome tactical RPG
  • Final Fantasy XIII - your PS3 collection won't be complete without this in it.
  • Tekken Tag 2 - my favorite fighting game.
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - a rip-off of Smash Bros. But hey, it's good.

MichaelSoriano15

Reaction score
Mine would be The whole Metal Gear franchise, Resident evil 1,2,3,4 and the Spiderman games from the PlayStation one and then some of the Dragonball games that were in the game boy advance. These games were the games that I just can't stop playing and always come back to when I'm stressed or just when I want to play games. these are the games that are in my essential games list it could still expand as there are tons of games that I played back in the days that I didn't mention here nonetheless these are all fantastic games.