• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What would a PS4 offer?

Hidden308

Reaction score
It seems as if all other gaming consoles are working on their next-gen releases, but what would a PS4 offer? It has Blu-ray and it's obvious they will still allow for used games.

What would you like to see?

ReaganM

Reaction score
Not to be negative, but my guess is that sony is going to focus on having the best graphics, and focus less on inovation, which seems to be what theyve been doing most lately.

Hidden308

Reaction score
That wouldn't surprise me at all. Graphics are a Huge part of gaming and something all consoles should be focusing on.

BarelyHangingOn

Reaction score
Other than graphjcs I can't see what else they would come up with. Like in my other thread, maybe an update to the PS Move making it more like the Xbox version which looks fun. This appears to be a big part of gaming, getting groups involved in the games.

Valentino

Reaction score
The only thing I really care about (and this applies to all next gen consoles) is backwards compatibility.

Hidden308

Reaction score
What do you mean by backwards compatibility?

Valentino

Reaction score
Being able to play previous PlayStation games without having to buy them on the PS Store :p There's so many PS2 and PS1 games I'd love to play but don't have enough room to have so many consoles hooked up at once, would be a hell of a lot easier ^_^

Gamrpro

Reaction score
I doubt they'll copy what Xbox is planning to do (rumors). I think they'll work hard on the graphics too and try to keep a very comfortable controller. Maybe this one can be much slimmer and have a bigger memory drive than the current PS3 models.

Ikram45

Reaction score
I think PS4 should come with a new controller design. This one has gotten repetitive as well as backwards compatiblity like Valentino mentioned :)

Hidden308

Reaction score
A new controller design would definitely influence sales.