• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What kind of mouse are you using on your rig?

m33kuh

Reaction score
We can't deny that a good mouse can give us a good and exciting gameplay. But it also depends on what of games we are playing. Some would prefer those mechanical mice who have extra buttons and looks like it's gonna transform into an autobot. -_- Some though, like me, would prefer to have a normal mouse with 2 or 3 extra buttons like this one I'm currently using, the CM Devastator.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I use a logitech g600 mouse gaming mouse. It's for mmorpgs but I use it for everything because you can assign the mouse keyboard functions. It comes in really handy for FPS, RPG, and MMORPG games. Example I can reload my weapon while running and never even take my finger off the w key, etc.

m33kuh

Reaction score
That's an awesome mouse. Gotta love Logitech's G series mice. They are really good for MMOs specially when assigning key binds. I sometimes use mine for toggles or wheel chats or some basic keys that can't really affect your gameplay if in case you missed pressing it.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I also use the Logitech mouse - I am currently using the Logitech G700 wireless gaming mouse. Yes, it's wireless. I hate wired mice because that damn cable drives me MAD. It keeps swirling around and it feels heavy when you move the mouse... it can't be just me, right guys? :D

I have had the same mouse for over 5 years now and I absolutely love it. Best mouse I have owned. Not a single issues. I remember I once used the Razer Imperator... that thing died in 3 months. Didn't even bother to use the warranty because it made me angry.

surlaw

Reaction score
I just use a $9 miniature wireless mouse from Walmart. My hands are kinda small. :sweatsmile:

Seriously, though, I don't play games intensive enough to warrant a more advanced or expensive mouse. At least, I don't think I do. What advantages are there to larger gaming mice? I figure they're more reliable and durable, but outside of that I don't really know much about them. Why do you (and this is a question to everyone who uses more expensive, high-end mice) prefer those mice to some run-of-the-mill office supply store grade mice? Is it worth the investment if you're interested in getting into more intense games?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I used to have a wireless mouse because the most annoying thing for me is when the mouse's movement gets messed up by the cord. It was great although you do get that moment when playing where the mouse just dies because the battery ran out. Still, it was fun not having to worry about the length of the cord and I was using the mouse to browse the internet all the way in my bed, while the PC is on the other side of the room.

Blaine019

Reaction score
Right now I'm using my all time favorite cheap mouse a4tech. This mouse is about 4 years now and it still kicks ass in my games. I'm saving up so I can buy logitech g102.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I'm using a Logitech G502. It's great for all games. I like that I'm able to personalize my settings as well as the weight of the mouse.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I also use the Logitech mouse - I am currently using the Logitech G700 wireless gaming mouse. Yes, it's wireless. I hate wired mice because that damn cable drives me MAD. It keeps swirling around and it feels heavy when you move the mouse... it can't be just me, right guys? :D

I have had the same mouse for over 5 years now and I absolutely love it. Best mouse I have owned. Not a single issues. I remember I once used the Razer Imperator... that thing died in 3 months. Didn't even bother to use the warranty because it made me angry.

Haven't really tried using a wireless mouse specially in gaming. How is the performance? Are there no delays or hang ups? Also, how often do you change the batteries? Have you experienced something like while you are in game and suddenly the mouse doesn't work because of a failure or a low battery?

kgord

Reaction score
When I do gaming it is usually just the electronic mouse that is built into the keyboard of the laptop. I don't use any specialized equipment on which to game. It is just one of those things that I don't pay a lot of attention to I guess. The types of games I play don't require special equipment.

airfightermax

Reaction score
I am using a no-name generic mouse, I have been using it for about a year now and I bought it initially as a substitute since old mouse stopped working.

The mouse was only $1.50 so I didn't expect it to last really long. I am still using it to this day and it is still working properly. Looks like I don't have to buy a gaming mouse anymore...

Gladdy

Reaction score
Haven't really tried using a wireless mouse specially in gaming. How is the performance? Are there no delays or hang ups? Also, how often do you change the batteries? Have you experienced something like while you are in game and suddenly the mouse doesn't work because of a failure or a low battery?
No, these newer gaming mouses that are wireless don't use batteries anymore. You charge them up with USB cable - so if you'd suddenly run low on power (you can even easily check by a press of a button), you simply plug the USB cable in and keep playing normally. Gaming wireless mice are becoming a bit popular now, especially in the League of Legends competitive scene... some pros have already switched over.

There is literally no lag, no delay, no issues. It is like playing with a wired mouse minus the annoying cable that drags your mouse. I'd recommend you try it some day :)

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I only use a regular mouse now sadly. Back then I use a Devil Elephant mouse with a static 3700 dpi. I typically like my mouses fast even though I don't play a lot of FPS games, I generally just like them fast for some reason. Every time I use a mouse with a slow or medium pointer speed, I easily get irritated and bored and I quickly adjust them to the fastest available.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Right now I'm using my all time favorite cheap mouse a4tech. This mouse is about 4 years now and it still kicks ass in my games. I'm saving up so I can buy logitech g102.
It's a pretty good mouse for gaming yes. I own one myself but i'ts broken now, lasted long.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
I have an Asus Cerberus mouse, it gets the job done in all of the games I'm currently playing. Bought it like two months ago and I'm happy with it.

m33kuh

Reaction score
No, these newer gaming mouses that are wireless don't use batteries anymore. You charge them up with USB cable - so if you'd suddenly run low on power (you can even easily check by a press of a button), you simply plug the USB cable in and keep playing normally. Gaming wireless mice are becoming a bit popular now, especially in the League of Legends competitive scene... some pros have already switched over.

There is literally no lag, no delay, no issues. It is like playing with a wired mouse minus the annoying cable that drags your mouse. I'd recommend you try it some day :)
Ah great. So they are now using built-in batteries I see. But on the Dota 2 pro scene, I don't see any wireless mice being used. Maybe it has a disadvantage and wired mice are always better? I bet the response time differs a lot.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Well, I had a Logitech G300S. It was cheap but worked. Bought it this year and had the mouse for a few months. Then it suddenly went out and I have not been able to figure out for the life of me why :sleepy::persevere: So right now I'm on some secondary off shoot brand I really hate. Accuracy is completely off and it just annoys me. For a Gamer, in particularly PC, the mouse can be a sensitive thing for some. Especially when you have your settings dialed to perfection. Which is crucial on certain FPS and open worlds. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm sensitive to the mouse I use and the settings I have.

Any suggestions on my next mouse beside the ones already listed?

m33kuh

Reaction score
Any suggestions on my next mouse beside the ones already listed?
Depends on your budget man. If you got good budget for a certain gaming mouse, I suggest you look at the Razer mice. You'll have a lot to choose from depending on your budget of course.