• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What kind of GPU is in your system right now?

LoganFreeman

Reaction score
I'm stuck with a GTX 620 :(. What kind of GPU do you have? Also do you prefer AMD or Nvidia?

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 here :oops: I'll be upgrading to the GTX 980 around Christmas, yay.
Prefer Nvidia by far. Just never really liked AMD to be honest.

Scarsz

Reaction score
I have 2 R9 270x OC editions that have a custom cooling system on them & 4GB of vram each, obviously in CrossFire

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11217-04-20G/dp/B00FLMKN6I

Total $400, great deal imo

41WfMpAiV1L.jpg

Squigly

Reaction score
Nvidia GTX 850M here. While I think ATI cards are cheaper in general I really like Nvidia's GeForce Experience software, since it can automatically detect my games and optimize graphics settings based on my system!

Issae

Reaction score
2x Nvideo GTX 660ti in SLI. I'll be looking at the 900 series sometime next year. I'm not a Nvidia fan boy or anything, but it's what I've bought for my last couple of PC builds.

Scarsz

Reaction score
Nvidia GTX 850M here. While I think ATI cards are cheaper in general I really like Nvidia's GeForce Experience software, since it can automatically detect my games and optimize graphics settings based on my system!
ATI partners with Raptr to do pretty much the same thing also offering rewards for points from just playing your games

http://raptr.com/amd
6e55070bd2.png

Last edited:

Squigly

Reaction score
ATI partners with Raptr to do pretty much the same thing also offering rewards for points from just playing your games

http://raptr.com/amd
6e55070bd2.png

Woah that's really cool. What can you redeem using those points? Personally I've gotten a The Crew Beta Key and Metro: Last Light from Nvidia so I'm not complaining :D

Scarsz

Reaction score
Woah that's really cool. What can you redeem using those points? Personally I've gotten a The Crew Beta Key and Metro: Last Light from Nvidia so I'm not complaining :D
http://raptr.com/store

there's actually even an option to get a whole god damn graphics card from them
9f8061f10d.jpg

only thing though is that Raptr is a bunch of asstards when it comes to their points at one time completely resetting everyone just because the program was out of beta. And about that card that's apparently 41% off? It would take you 3 1/2 years going the maximum amount of gameplay points (60) per day, totaling 21,900 per year.

Meh, honestly, I would prefer to have NVidea's point system rather than Raptr :p

Squigly

Reaction score
http://raptr.com/store

there's actually even an option to get a whole god damn graphics card from them
9f8061f10d.jpg

:eek: so much want.

How long would it take to get 80,000 points though? Also, does it cover international shipping?

EDIT: Woops, didnt see the last bit. Well 3 years for a card is pretty crazy man. I'd definitely take 2-3 games over the same period.

Last edited:

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
On my current desktop PC, an Nvidia GT 630. I know, I know, it's not even mid-range, but for the moment, it gets the job done. I've got this about 2 years ago (phew, it feels like yesterday!) and I remember being so excited that I was able to play Skyrim on high settings that I completely forgot about the Steam holiday sales.

ReaperTV

Reaction score
I have an r9 280x Toxic. Closest thing I could get to a r9 290. I bought it during the huge inflation because of the bitcoins and litecoins. Now that AMD has dropped so many prices. I really want a new card. I'm stick with this one for another year or two.

RadialPerson

Reaction score
I have a GTX 770, I picked it up earlier this year when I built my new pc, along with an i5 4670. I'm actually looking to upgrade again sometime next year when the Oculus Rift launches as that's going to need a monster of a gpu to run at an acceptable frame rate. Though I'm hoping AMD release the 3xx series soon.

jurew2

Reaction score
I have a Nvidia GTX 650 GPU in my computer and it runs all games pretty well, but I want to upgrade it soon, because the GTX 980 came out and I have to have it for myself. I don't want to change the graphic card too soon and that's why it would be awesome to have the GTC 980, because it supports the 4K resolution, which is the future.

Scarsz

Reaction score
4K resolution, which is the future.
Skip to 10:24

Aside from what Linus said, honestly, I think 4K is going to be as "future" for a long while while larger but not 4K monitors are gonna be more predominant.

techbeast34

Reaction score
I've got an EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked HD in my system. It hasn't failed to play some of the latest games on high, but ever so often I drop frames a bit whenever it renders a lot of models like people in Assassin's Creed.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
I got a low budget Amd R7-360 OC edition from MSI, I will be upgrading this soon along with my Cpu. Thinking of getting one of the new Ryzen Cpu-s and maybe I'l go with Nvidia on the graphics department not sure yet though.

Frank

Reaction score
I got a low budget Amd R7-360 OC edition from MSI, I will be upgrading this soon along with my Cpu. Thinking of getting one of the new Ryzen Cpu-s and maybe I'l go with Nvidia on the graphics department not sure yet though.

That's still a pretty decent graphics card. My friend had it up until recently and he was able to play some pretty decent games.

My card's GTX 1050 Ti which is, in my humble and totally unbiased opinion, the best bang for your buck card out there. It was $140 few months ago when I bought it and it'll probably get cheaper soon. But, it's an incredible GPU and worth every cent.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I have a MSI GTX 970. It's excellent for 1080p gaming. It's been serving me well so far for the past few years.