• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is your favorite Genesis/Megadrive game?

Jojo83

Reaction score
The Sega Megadrive was one of my favorite gaming consoles. It was probably the best console Sega has ever produced. My favorite game for the megadrive/genesis was a japanese fighting game based on the hit anime YuYu Hakusho. That game was a whole lot of fun playing with friends, using the special moves and super attacks. Sonic 3 would be a runner up, I love the sonic series.

Thomas Hall

Reaction score
I remember playing Jungle boy and, it followed the animated movie as you were trying to get to the village and was enjoyable and fun game to play. It was one of the few, that had good graphics and sound which suited the game and made it more enjoyable to play and could spend hours on it. The lion king was, another game which did well and had nice graphics and made it more enjoyable to play and follows the movie where you play as simba from a cub to a full grown lion in the movie.

weepforsweep

Reaction score
Sonic 2 is my favorite genesis game. Sonic 1 was a little too hard for me. Sonic 2 had the right difficulty with a great minigame. Alter Beast is the only other genesis game that I played as a child.

Jojo83

Reaction score
Another great Genesis game was Desert Strike. It was a helicopter shooter with some strategy elements. It was great fun, and the graphics were superb for it's time. I think that the inspiration for this game was the Gulf war because it was released approximately during that period.

LitoLawless

Reaction score
I really loved the Streets of Rage series. I could play those games all day. Another favorite of mine was definitely Sonic 2. I can remember beating the game for the first time one morning before I want to school. I was so happy all day.

fliktor7

Reaction score
Mmm megadrive has great games. Sonic 3 was great (especially when you combine it with Sonic and Knuckles) I also love a lot the fighting game of Dragon Ball z, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Eternal Champions or Street Fighter 2 Special champion edition. But if I must select only one game I'll say The Story of Tor, my first rpg.

joshposh

Reaction score
I played all the Sonic games for the Genesis and it was a lot of fun. As I got older my taste had changed a bit. Actually my favorite games Buck Rogers. That was a good space RPG at the time. It had all the elements of a normal RPG but the mixed space travel and other worldly interactions and alien life. It was really good game for the times.