• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

What is the next step for FIFA games?

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by TsuyoyRival, Jul 10, 2017.

1. TsuyoyRival

TsuyoyRival Member

Hi everyone, i'm TsuyoyRival.
    I've been playing FIFA games for about 10 years, and i don't see great changes to the core game. It's all about football, i know, but how can an industry improve more these types of games? Better graphics? A role-play game inside the football game? Maybe a Referee mode, or a Crowd mode? Now i'm obviously joking, but the fact is, something needs to be done, in order to FIFA games be at the same level of the biggests of the industry.

2. binaryteck

binaryteck New Member

I agree wholeheartedly with this idea, FIFA games need to improve on the overall system and turn out a bran new technology that will excite it's numerous online players

3. Fuzyon

Fuzyon New Member

They need to add many more things to the game to make it realistic. Things like different gameplay tactics, VAR, assistant referees near the goal line etc. . They can also improve on the graphics and cinematics.

4. anaatef9

anaatef9 New Member

I believe the next step for FIFA is for EA to start being honest with the community and start giving out statistics. For example, I want to know what the ball control stat means and what it does in-game. Players like Smalling should not be the best defender in the game and definitely should not be able to catch up to Aubamenyang.

5. Dhanidhamy

Dhanidhamy New Member

They should upgrade by making countries available for play, this FIFA is lacking and would be great if included.

6. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

Perhaps FIFA can include stats for mental attributes. Maybe composure and determination levels to affect the player's performance. They can be more detailed and show the breakdown for stats.

7. DAVID EJIKE

DAVID EJIKE New Member

No doubt about the thrilling effect of FIFA but then if certain things are looked into and incorporated into the game, i don't think any other soccer game would beat its demand. To mention but a few add -ons that can improve the game include better crowd, more attention to women's football, fixing of graphical glitches and improved commentary (avoidance of repetition of same idea). Once all these are sorted out then FIFA gonna be the real BOMB!!!!:zombiethumbsup::zombiethumbsup::zombiethumbsup::zombiethumbsup::zombiethumbsup:

8. Jameson

Jameson New Member

I agree. I think that would be a great addition to the FIFA game.

9. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

I agree on this. FIFA is focusing quite a lot on the story mode. Perhaps they might put some focus onto lower leagues as well. I think there's nothing much to be improved unlesss they tweak the controls again. I hope to see some special game modes. How about 10 Ronaldos against 10 Messis ?

10. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Member

I'd rather not imagine (though I have some good ideas in my head :pepe:)... Being surprised is the best thing to do.

I know they will do an excellent job! :wink:

What a cool / interesting idea! This would be very nice to see. :fot:

I'm sure developers should be working really hard on these changes. I mean, they know what they have to improve for the next version.

Sometimes I also miss a more realistic look (although the existing one is great sometimes :pepe:). Let's hope the new version brings this, right? Fingers crossed for the better! :tonguewink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2017
  11. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

I would be curious if it's possible for them to integrate FIFA with VR technology. In terms of realism, the past few years have seen pretty similar looking graphics.

12. Muaaz

Muaaz New Member

Those people who say that Fifa or sports games don;t change they have to see the promotion that EA made for FIFA 17 a year ago. I have been a FIFA player since FIFA 97 which was released for Sega. I know how much has changed. back then it was pixelated people running here and there. Now it's a whole lot different. It feels real as is captured by motion capturing technology. What else do you need to change? Hmmm.... I believe that room for improvement would always be there like they could add more realistic crowds, Real fights and enhance graphics every now and then. The gameplay has reached it's maximum for this generation. Now to see some more gameplay improvement you have to wait till FIFA 20.

13. Jonathan Solomon

Jonathan Solomon Member

Well, when it comes to updating titles and having new releases, sporting games are a little different. The only real updates that happen in sporting games are the addition of new players and the update of player statistics. If you ask me, between FIFA and a few other sporting titles by EA like Skate3, I feel they seem to lack innovation and creativity from the developers standpoint. Normally when I play a sporting game like FIFA. I usually find a version I like, and stick with that one. I know it may seem a little odd and antiquated, but I'm like that with routine. A prime example is FIFA '14. I love that version! It had massive improvements from the previous installments. Because of that, I still play FIFA '14 with my friends to this day:emoji_joy:

Regarding the next step, I don't really know the direction developers like EA should do for sporting games in general. I guess the first step is to work on the obvious. For me, that's the storyline as most sporting game story lines could be added or majorly improved. It's also tempting to tap into virtual reality gameplay as well for future projects. I'll be interested to see what's next though.

14. yishak1412

yishak1412 New Member

I have also been playing FIFA for a very long time, and i agree with you FIFA needs massive improvements. I think they should focus on improving the player career mode and the manager mode. These modes haven't got a single update or improvements in years. It would be nice if FIFA would add an online mode to them on FIFA 18.
    I don't think they will add a VR support cause Oculus Rift has already asked FIFA to corporate to make a VR football game, but FIFA denied the offer.

15. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

That is interesting. I guess we might have additional storymodes maybe. Perhaps they might add some special cut scenes for like one on ones or something.