• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What Is The Benefit Of Technology?

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
As we keep relying on consumer electronics for entertainment, fun and groups, it won't be shocking whenever we start reading catalogs through the use of small devices that are known as e-readers. Many catalogs can be kept and structured on these portable devices.

The biggest vendor of e-readers on the market today will be the Amazon Kindle. Each product provides users a huge amount of features, both which include having the ability to hook up to a personal computer to copy and download reading files

Users enjoy their viewers not merely because they can certainly read and store literature in a tool that ties in the palm of the hands, but these gizmos also provide a variety of features that can make the knowledge of e-reading amazingly entertaining.

E-readers allow viewers to have the ability to turn the web page with a button click, be capable of highlight text, take notes and bookmark where they discontinued reading before.

Last edited:

Fordo

Reaction score
My perception of technology is rather simple; I see it as, new technology equals more efficiency and more productivity, however with less of a need for man power.

Thrall

Reaction score
My perception of technology is rather simple; I see it as, new technology equals more efficiency and more productivity, however with less of a need for man power.

Exactly this, plus better development in entertainment likes films and video games.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Technology helps give us new learning possibilities, think about it, without the tech we have today, a lot of people could be dead, I COULD BE DEAD! Because technology is used a lot in hospitals to advance in finding new ways to help cure a disease...

hermessantos

Reaction score
For me, technology has several benefits. Through it I can simplify various tasks and even earn some money without leaving home. Technology thank you!

rockandgreen

Reaction score
As technology improves the processing power and functionality of devices increase at an exponential rate. I mean, you only have to look at Moore's Law before you see how fast technology is improving. However, with greater powers comes greater danger. If we get to the point where we can make AGI (Artificial General Intelligences) then the problem arises on ethics and what rights does the said computer have if they can think, feel and act like a human being. If we program a computer to the point where it can feel pain, should we start looking after it? But there also exists an even greater problem: if the AGI fears its existence may be at danger in the hands of its creator who can simply "switch it off", how would it react? Would it start to think of ways to escape, ways to outsmart and to kill all of humanity to avoid being "switched off". Since the AGI could literally rewire its own neural pathways it can think of ways to make itself smarter, to think more efficiently. With these improvements, the AGI becomes smarter. But since it is smarter it can think of even more ways to improve its brain and so it does, becoming even smarter. Then using these improvements it becomes smarter and smarter and smarter until it becomes an ASI (Artificial Super Intelligence) which is more intelligent than the combined processing power of the minds of the whole human race. Then it could easily manipulate anything to aid its survival, even outsmarting us with its newfound intelligence. This is one of the dangers faced with exponentially improving and evolving technology.

If we want to keep this world on the right path whilst improving technology, reaping its benefits and rewards, then we MUST make sure to be extremely careful as we only have one shot at this and if we get this wrong, we're all dead.

Anyway, for the time being, we should be alright and I am thankful for the benefits technology has brought us today.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Technology is making your life easy. Without technology, you'll be walking to work, you'll be working in a field because there will be no office. You'll working using your bare hands. Your payment for the days work is going to be in kind like chicken, eggs and vegetable.