• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What game made you laugh?

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
And with this I mean laugh with his writing and character, don't say "I laughed because I finally defeated the bad guy! HAHAHAH!". No.
For example, Portal 1 and Portal 2 are both extremely funny - the second one more than the first, since it have more character and all of them have a pretty different humour! The sarcasm, the idiotic, the.. I don't even know how to define Cave Johnson, but it was funny (and he was J.K. Simmons, you can't top that).

Another funny game is The Stanley Parable, where.. well, The Narrator is a relevant part to the game and without him it wouldn't have felt the same.

All Sam&Max episodes by Telltale cracked me up a lot (I still have to play the original Hit the Road, shame of me).

And then of course there is South Park The Stick of Truth, but if you hate the series you won't laugh at all.

What about you?

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I laughed in Grand Theft Auto V especially because of Trevor and Lamar. Trevor does things that you wouldn't imagine a normal person doing and the way that he perceives it as normal by fighting people over it is just funny to me. I find Lamar very funny when it comes to scenes where he is just plainly roasting Franklin and insulting him with things he come up with just because Franklin wouldn't agree to hook him up with his aunt.

IkaBula

Reaction score
I haven't actually played it as I haven't been able to get it to work (as I'm kind of tech illiterate and don't know all these fancy things like the errors that were popping up) but I saw a hilarious game on YouTube the other day and I think it was simply called 'Hobo'

You're basically a Hobo running around attacking people with snot and trash cans. Looked pretty hysterical.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score

This scene from the Witcher 3 always makes me laugh. You realize these guys are professional killers who hunt beasts the size of houses, and here they are just relaxing and having fun because they are in their stronghold and it's basically a night off from countless years of sleeping in swamps, getting discriminated against, and hunting monsters for cheap change.

Jameson

Reaction score
GTA always makes me laugh, especially when you do crazy stuff like shoot people and hijack cars.Its always entertaining to play.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Southpark: The Stick of Truth is a godsend for fans of the show. It really is like playing an episode and it gets a lot better as you progress, too! The comedy translates perfectly in a way I don't think I've ever seen from another show-based video game.

One of the classics which had me giggling as a kid was ToeJam and Earl. It was a great little game on the Genesis which leveraged the gross-out humor of the time and had a cast of over the top characters you encounter as you try to piece your rocket ship back together. It holds up pretty well even today and is worth a look for anyone who hasn't experienced it.

valy

Reaction score
The game that made me laugh is the Shadow Hearts, all the three parts. The first part had the ever fun boss fight in the women's bathroom. Joachim in the second one was probably the most consistently amusing, frozen tuna was my favorite

Gladdy

Reaction score
Many games made me laugh. Mainly with their dialogue. The best kind is when a character says something sarcastic and completely unexpected and you burst out laughing :p

- Tales from the Borderlands by Telltale games - extremely funny. The characters and the story. You can't stay serious.
- Portal 1 and 2,
- Saints Row the Third and the Fourth,
- Fable 1.

I probably missed a few but hey, you get the idea!

mcbryan

Reaction score
The game that made me laugh is The Sims. It made me laugh because you can do anything there including dating and even sex. It's one of a kind game. Until now it is popular and in fact, it already has new versions. I recommend that you should try this games because for sure your gonna laugh about it.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
All of the Grand Theft Autos made me laugh, but looking back at that, I realize I was laughing at all of the wrong things. My friends and I would go on violent rampages in that game, straight psycho sandbox style, and I would laugh at really inappropriate things, I must confess.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Undertale is another game that really made laugh. Humor is present in almost every scene in the game and it serves as a juxtaposition set-up to heavier themes of loss and the transience of life present in the game's pay-off scenes. There are numerous times I found myself sitting there giggling at the weird dialog, though. The character designs themselves have humor built right into them, reminiscent of Warner Brothers' style bodily proportions. They really got a lot out of those simple visuals.

iTommy

Reaction score
NFS carbon made me laugh and a bit angry when fighting with its bosses.
The game is awesome with video intro and great maps.
I could not find a better racing game than it

reginafalange

Reaction score
I would say The Sims, I haven't played it but I had seen other people playing it and many crazy non-sense things happen there and it can be hilarious. I personally don't feel attracted to this game but it has made me laugh. It's weird in my opinion but as well somehow it's funny.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I would say The Sims, I haven't played it but I had seen other people playing it and many crazy non-sense things happen there and it can be hilarious. I personally don't feel attracted to this game but it has made me laugh. It's weird in my opinion but as well somehow it's funny.
Funny like killing your visitors with fire? Or funny like removing the steps from the pool so the SIMS will be swimming for hours on end and dying while being extremely buff from all the exercise they did? I dunno, most of the "funny" moments in SIMS involve someone dying for some reason... :wink:

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Funny like killing your visitors with fire? Or funny like removing the steps from the pool so the SIMS will be swimming for hours on end and dying while being extremely buff from all the exercise they did? I dunno, most of the "funny" moments in SIMS involve someone dying for some reason... :wink:

Well to be honest doing all of this stuff was actually pretty fun... Maybe gamers are just psycho, or maybe not. After all this is the best part of those games: you aren't harming anyone, you can do whatever you want and let your inner serial killer laugh and laugh over those poor Sim's pain.

fishmonk

Reaction score
The game which made me laugh was Left For Death 2. I was playing with my friends who were new to the game. 2 of the girls were screaming and panicking. It was a pretty hilarious. We had to revive them multiple times but only one of us made it to the end. That was really a fun play through.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Well to be honest doing all of this stuff was actually pretty fun... Maybe gamers are just psycho, or maybe not. After all this is the best part of those games: you aren't harming anyone, you can do whatever you want and let your inner serial killer laugh and laugh over those poor Sim's pain.
Well most games when you get bored enough, you start killing the people in it. It's kinda the gamer way. GTA, Skyrim, Witcher 3, Fallout 4; as long as you are capable of killing the NPCs of the game, you know you're gonna do it eventually. It's like when every enemy in the game has been defeated, so you just start chopping up people left and right and have the guards try and stop you.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
This was a little disturbing to read 0.0 but since it's a game I think its preferable for people to do their crazy things on the characters than in real life.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Deadpool was the funniest game that I ever played. There were instances when I was playing the game and some of the movie scenes came in my mind and I couldn't stop laughing. Deadpool is the best character in Marvel comics

kenoobie

Reaction score
Borderlands 2 made me laugh. The characters are hilarious and definitely looking forward for more from this franchise.