• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What franchise would you like to see in a Telltale series?

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Telltale games are good (unless you don't like them, I guess). From The Walking Dead to Tales from the Borderlands, from The Wolf among Us to Minecraft Story Mode, from Batman to Game of Thrones (sort of), from the old Tales of Monkey Island to the old Sam & Max.
They had many games based on many franchises, but there are also many franchises untouched! What franchise would you like to see in a upcoming Telletale series and why?
For example, imagine a story set in the Harry Potter universe (where you play as a random student) or in Star Wars...
Endless possibilities, come on!

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Please, please give me a Star Wars Telltale game. That sounds amazing, really.
I think franchises with big universes, interesting lore and good narrative are all eligible and could potentially yield very good results in a Telltale game. A Bioshock Telltale game would be wonderful, even more so if set in Rapture. The way the story was narrated there would fit perfectly, and we'd get even one more chance of expanding upon its works.
Maybe Bethesda games could work well, too. Both Skyrim and Fallout have interesting worlds that can be freely explored thanks to the open-world nature of the games, so it would be easy to set up fitting stories and characters while exploring and developing the original universe even further.

Gladdy

Reaction score
That's a good question. I have to admit that I am a big fan of their games. You'd think that ''point and click'' sort of games would be boring but they truly make the stories and characters so rich and great to play.

I'd love for them to attempt The Witcher franchise. Imagine being Geralt and traveling around the lands, slaying monsters, taking on different quests and influencing his decisions. Orrr, any of the Bethesda games, like Fallout and the Elder Scrolls? They could probably make like 100 episodes if they'd base the game around Skyrim.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
A Bioshock Telltale game would be wonderful, even more so if set in Rapture. The way the story was narrated there would fit perfectly, and we'd get even one more chance of expanding upon its works.

I always found the plot in Bioshock to be way better than the actual gameplay, so I feel like this might absolutely work! Maybe we would even get two season: the first one in Rapture, and the second one in Columbia! Good choice!

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I always found the plot in Bioshock to be way better than the actual gameplay, so I feel like this might absolutely work! Maybe we would even get two season: the first one in Rapture, and the second one in Columbia! Good choice!
Nice idea! Rapture already has a well-established lore, so it would mostly be about refining details and admiring the city as it has been shown in two games, but Columbia (from what I've read, I haven't played Infinite yet) didn't get this chance as much as the previous two. It would be amazing to pour some additional depth into it.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I would like a Star Trek themed one. I am a massive Star Trek fan and I would like to make some poweful decisions a a member of some Starfleet ship. I think there's certainly some potential to milk out of this franchise.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Nice idea! Rapture already has a well-established lore, so it would mostly be about refining details and admiring the city as it has been shown in two games, but Columbia (from what I've read, I haven't played Infinite yet) didn't get this chance as much as the previous two. It would be amazing to pour some additional depth into it.

Yes, the focus in Infinite was more on the characters and.. other spoilery stuff rather than the city itself. Rapture on the other hand have a deep (pun intended) lore around it (and we even got to explore it further in the Infinte DLCs, so it's always a pleasure to come back! Telltale please.

anaatef9

Reaction score
I would love to see Dexter (tv show not the cartoon) as a Telltale game. I just feel like playing as the character Dexter would be the best thing ever. Relating and understanding his complex emotions would be a core part of the game. Being able to recreate the ending and having the ability to change some of his choices would just be out of this world for me.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Supernatural? I figure if it's a video game the whole monster hunting genre is a bit overdone already and Supernatural won't provide anything new significantly, so maybe do a telltale series about them while they try and track down the monster of the week while dealing with the police and the witnesses. I think having a more realistic setting would mean the boss battles would be more boring than a video game version, so it's gonna be a challenge.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I would love to see Dexter (tv show not the cartoon) as a Telltale game. I just feel like playing as the character Dexter would be the best thing ever. Relating and understanding his complex emotions would be a core part of the game. Being able to recreate the ending and having the ability to change some of his choices would just be out of this world for me.

Well, thank you. Now I want a Dexter Telltale Game (and I mean the cartoon indeed!) and I know it will never happen. Maybe a Cartoon Network game, that would be.. interesting, to say the least.

And about Supernatural, @OursIsTheFury , I think that would be interesting for many many people but sadly not for me in this case! I tried watching the show but I never managed to gest past the first season. Maybe it get better, I don't know, maybe it's just not for me...

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Even though it would never happen in a million years I would like them to do a Fallout game. Telltale Games are epic story writers and I am sure they could come up with a really good Fallout game. Who knows maybe Bethesda will read this post and have them make one LOL. :D

Vatroslav

Reaction score
It would be awesome if they could make a game set in the "World of Darkness" setting. Imagine if you had an adventure where you could lead a vampire, werewolf or a mage. Even better, if you could lead all three of them so that each season focuses on one of them and there is shared story for all of them. That is my Christmas wish. :D