• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What eSports do you watch?

Hidden308

Reaction score
Do you watch any eSports gaming? What games?

I used to watch a LOT of Starcraft 2, but lost interest lately.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I actually wasn't aware this was a thing; thought my friend was lying to me...now I know...

Hidden308

Reaction score
It is a huge thing actually! MLG hosts tournaments along with other huge things. Big money is to be earned!

death180

Reaction score
I watched last year's SC2 tournament at Blizzcon and a few TWL matches but other than that I really haven't watched that stuff in a while.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Blizzcon tournaments are iffy. MLG tournaments are where it's at. The commentating is fabulous and they host the best of the best!

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I'll have to check out a few that @Joe ;)
@death...you went to blizzcon :p

AnthonyB

Reaction score
Smash is a lot of fun to watch and play IMO. League, CSGO, DOTA, Halo, and sometimes SC2. I just really enjoy esports

Gladdy

Reaction score
I used to watch so much of the League of Legends events. I still remember when they were first announcing that they will pay the players and how the whole LCS aspect started to develop. However, I don't watch it as much anymore because I just don't feel connected with all these new young players and new teams. I mainly watched because back in the day, you had this big names that every single player knew and respected now it's everybody's dream to become a pro. Boring.

Oh, I also occasionally like to watch the CS:GO events and the Overwatch ones as well. Both very entertaining with those clutch plays!

SerSlavos

Reaction score
I don't really watch eSports, but sometimes I follow SMITE since they give you some cool rewards for watching the streams. But to be honest I'd rather play than watch, same goes for the real sports.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
While I follow lots of gaming channels on YT, I find the whole eSports deal to be pretty dull.
Sounds pretty contradicting, but it is what it is!
It's already bad that I can't play myself, so the youtubers at least make the narration interesting or crack jokes along the game; that's why it's a lot more amusing to me.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I don't think I have watched anything other than CS:GO. When I used to play it daily, I used to watch the professionals play, tried to learn some new tricks and tactics from them. Later it turned into a hobby, some pros can really make a show when they play.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
None; I hate watching other people play for more than a few minutes. I can see mistakes the do, and I'd be annoyed since I can't do anything about it. I've been more of a loner player; single player games and all that. I also get motion sickness rather quickly, so the idea of me watching someone play a first person game, spinning around and trying to find whatever it is they are doing in the quest, would make me dizzy in a matter of minutes.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
I don't really watch any tournaments or anything, but I do like watching Overwatch and Hearthstone. I play those games and watching other people play them is pretty good for trying to implement certain things into my own play, and I understand what's happening so I can get excited/upset when something interesting happens.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I follow League even though I do not play it anymore. I think the presentation, quality of casters and entertainment value makes League better than any of the e-sports show I have seen.

thart

Reaction score
I watched Blizzcon tournament before, but not much, only a few times

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I don't like competitive games much, so I don't care about watching others playing it nor about observing how they play to improve myself. However, I did follow a couple of Smash tournaments to follow the community's excitement, and it was pretty fun, though. Oh, I also followed the tournaments Nintendo hosted at E3.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I don't like competitive games much, so I don't care about watching others playing it nor about observing how they play to improve myself. However, I did follow a couple of Smash tournaments to follow the community's excitement, and it was pretty fun, though. Oh, I also followed the tournaments Nintendo hosted at E3.
I read about this Smash player that wore a mask or something and didn't talk for the entire tournament. He's a legend now and nobody even knows who he is. He just went in the tournament, played the same character over and over, won, never spoke a word, and he was never seen again.

Legend.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I watched Blizzcon tournament before, but not much, only a few times

Conan O'Brien made a pretty funny appearance at a Blizzcon. People weren't amused though because they were trying to win and someone making jokes was probably a distraction. But still, it looked fun from his perspective, and I'd definitely go if I had a chance.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I have watched KennyS's moments in CS:GO and boy can that guy play man. It has been fun watching CS:GO and even TF2 competitive as I play comp TF2 my self time to time. Just haven't had a lot of time or success balancing school with work and comp TF2 so I kind of pop in and out the competition between seasons and it works out for me.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I read about this Smash player that wore a mask or something and didn't talk for the entire tournament. He's a legend now and nobody even knows who he is. He just went in the tournament, played the same character over and over, won, never spoke a word, and he was never seen again.

Legend.

So you've heard the tale of Falcomaster3000 too, I see. The true veni, vidi, vici of our days. What a day that was.
That's probably one of the highlights of SSB's community in the past few years, right next to Reggie's match against Hungrybox (spoiler: he didn't kick his ass).