• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What do you think of the patch and changes right now?

Blaine019

Reaction score
I'm a solo player and I really don't like what they did to the neutral creeps in jungle. Less exp and gold. Like I said I'm a solo player and I usually play alone. The meta today is that supports stacks the neutral creeps for the carry/core. Leaving me no choice because my server players rarely picks supports and if they do, they are not that good enough and won't stack even if I told them to do so. I'm an core player so I know that I need to farm fast. The main problem is all of the players in my server picks carry and not a single support. That leaves me no choice but to play support for them but still lose just because they are not good enough for the role and doesn't understand what they really need to do. In short, EZ -MMR.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I think it is best to pick something which can roam and snowball. The hero needs to scale as well.Communication is key to winning here.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I think it is best to pick something which can roam and snowball. The hero needs to scale as well.Communication is key to winning here.
Communication is always a key component in every MOBA. Replying to the OP, i think the idea for winning is always to get a roam hero, that is the way to go! Try to play heroes that have a good impact late game, and play safe early.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Communication is always a key component in every MOBA. Replying to the OP, i think the idea for winning is always to get a roam hero, that is the way to go! Try to play heroes that have a good impact late game, and play safe early.
True. I believe that positive communication will help to spur better team play. Games which have players doing their own thing will end up in an easy -25 MMR.

Blaine019

Reaction score
I agree. But the problem is that even if I'm communicating with the team, they don't listen. If you're in SEA server you would understand what I'm saying. :D

fishmonk

Reaction score
I agree. But the problem is that even if I'm communicating with the team, they don't listen. If you're in SEA server you would understand what I'm saying. :D
Yes, they are pretty stubborn. Some of them will just throw the game no matter what you say as they think it's just a game. It cannot be helped since many SEA players are immature and selfish. The skills are there but the lack of teamwork is game-losing.

Blaine019

Reaction score
Yes, they are pretty stubborn. Some of them will just throw the game no matter what you say as they think it's just a game. It cannot be helped since many SEA players are immature and selfish. The skills are there but the lack of teamwork is game-losing.
I couldn't agree more. SEA players has a lot of potential. The only problem is that they lack discipline and can't focus on what really is the objective of the game. It's just really simple, every game that needs to be played by a team needs teamwork so if you're going to play one, then cooperate and communicate.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. SEA players has a lot of potential. The only problem is that they lack discipline and can't focus on what really is the objective of the game. It's just really simple, every game that needs to be played by a team needs teamwork so if you're going to play one, then cooperate and communicate.
Yes, SEA players have the great individual skill. They bring their egos along and are always trying to pad their stats. They love to play their own game and expect teammates to adapt to them.

m33kuh

Reaction score
SEA is a cancerous server. That is one of the main reason why I don't play that much anymore. The new patch is good but I won't expect that much until Ti7 passes.

amine erraji

Reaction score
the patch are good you know why because valve is creating a teamwork game they don't know how some of the community is toxic even if they know they would care, so try not the blame the system and focus on your gaming mechaniques try to improve as a dota player not just a core or just a support do them both atleast that's how i gain 500mmr in this last week, and i even found if you support noob core's as you said and support them very well they can win you the game, early warding is the key, and get as much as assits not kills.

fishmonk

Reaction score
the patch are good you know why because valve is creating a teamwork game they don't know how some of the community is toxic even if they know they would care, so try not the blame the system and focus on your gaming mechaniques try to improve as a dota player not just a core or just a support do them both atleast that's how i gain 500mmr in this last week, and i even found if you support noob core's as you said and support them very well they can win you the game, early warding is the key, and get as much as assits not kills.
Well , it's possible to play a very good support and still lose the game. It's not only about early warding. It's about making use of the information you get from warding. The information will help you to decide whether it's okay to push their tower or make gank movements. It's fine to secure the kill as well as a support. You will need some early items in order to make space for your farming cores.

m33kuh

Reaction score
^ True. Some people specially the stupid ones will still demand wards even if it is out of stock. And also, they cannot appreciate the wards. I mean, they can't even tell if that area is warded by your support because they are too focus on their hero and they just ignore the minimap. Then they blame the support because it is warded. *facepalm*

fishmonk

Reaction score
^ True. Some people specially the stupid ones will still demand wards even if it is out of stock. And also, they cannot appreciate the wards. I mean, they can't even tell if that area is warded by your support because they are too focus on their hero and they just ignore the minimap. Then they blame the support because it is warded. *facepalm*
Yes, wards do not help if the cores don't even bother looking at the minimap. They usually do not know what action to take besides farming. Besides that, they also like to stick to a certain lane. I have seen wards getting dewarded but they still go to the same spot and die multiple times although there are other safe warded spots to farm.

m33kuh

Reaction score
True. Whenever I play a core hero specially a carry, I'd do my best to farm efficiently. I will ask for a ward at first, but when no support responds, then I'd just let it be and try my best to carry them. Usually, there are really no supports and that makes me sad. :'(

fishmonk

Reaction score
True. Whenever I play a core hero specially a carry, I'd do my best to farm efficiently. I will ask for a ward at first, but when no support responds, then I'd just let it be and try my best to carry them. Usually, there are really no supports and that makes me sad. :'(
Yes, I have seen some player pick support heroes but they just rush their Midas. Meanwhile, the wards are always in the shop untouched.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Right. Offlaners should buy Midas instead since they are roaming and helping on ganks so they should also get something for themselves since a true offlaner, doesn't kill-steal specially when a carry is with him. Although that is situational. Sometimes, if the carry is not in range for the kill, offlaners or support tend to feel happy for getting some gold. But yeah, most toxic players or average players rush midas on their support heroes. Lol. Although some support heroes are better with midas, wards shouldn't be left untouched as well.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Right. Offlaners should buy Midas instead since they are roaming and helping on ganks so they should also get something for themselves since a true offlaner, doesn't kill-steal specially when a carry is with him. Although that is situational. Sometimes, if the carry is not in range for the kill, offlaners or support tend to feel happy for getting some gold. But yeah, most toxic players or average players rush midas on their support heroes. Lol. Although some support heroes are better with midas, wards shouldn't be left untouched as well.
Agreed. I notice that many players buy Midas unnecessarily. Even when their heroes are already peaking and need to fight, they buy Midas and lose their peak timings to capitalize on hero strengths. It's really hard to tell them not to since they are pretty stubborn.