• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What do you think of the new map?

Nate5

Reaction score
I've been out of town for an internship, so I haven't really been able to play LoL lately due to a terrible internet connection and even more terrible ping. However, I've been catching up with the changes, and I think the new map looks great. However, after watching a few tournaments on the new map, I realized how much more confusing LoL will be for new players, especially familiarizing oneself with the jungle and smite mechanics. I now feel like it might be a little more unfriendly to new players. What are your thoughts? Do you like the new map? What do/don't you like about it?

JayWifi

Reaction score
I think that the new map brings a much needed revamp to Summoners Rift. For one, all of the new monster camps seem to be close to what they were originally except for the giant frog that replaced the wraith. While this change is mostly for the good of League of Legends, I do agree with you that this change with the smite mechanics could slip up some players. Even I am having some difficulty with choosing which jungler item to select with all of these new items offering a different effect for smite. Besides the mechanics, I love the way they have beefed up the graphics to match the new quality of the character models.

primaLucid

Reaction score
I love the visual update. It adds more life to the Rift. The new dragon and baron look absolutely amazing. I love the easter eggs on the map and all the wild life and other ambient creatures that appear. However, I'm not a fan of the new turrets. Some of the turret mechanics are a bit unnecessary in my opinion. I don't like that enemies can get a massive shield when they are near their 2nd tier turret. Aside from that, I love the new jungle, the visuals, and overall, I think the Visual Update was a success for League of Legends!

MrHurricane

Reaction score
I like it too, Summoners Rift really needed a facelift, especially with Howling Abyss and the new Treeline next to it. I also enjoy the new music for SR, which was put in yesterday's patch.

Kazix

Reaction score
It was a needed upgrade. It's amazing how Riot managed to get such a nice looking game from 5 years old engine. And most importantly almost everyone I know got a nice FPS boost on the new map. Like I had around 80 FPS on the old map and stable 150+ on the new.

c9h2ua

Reaction score
I don't really like the new map because it looks pretty childish in my opinion, so I like the old map more. However, the features added after the updated are so good. For example, the increase on the moving speed at the beginning of the game, the reward of killing the dragon and Baron...I think it makes the game more attractive.

Qarnage

Reaction score
I think the map is amazing. I was getting kind of bored of the old map and this new visual upgrade is definitely a big upgrade over the old map. I'm especially enjoying the new jungle camps and the updates on all the minions. Baron and dragon are both really cool now too and you cannot really abuse the aggro of dragon anymore.

YellowTrain

Reaction score
I like the new map. I think the jungle also improved, although the golems switching spots is a little odd lol. I like how Dragon is important from the get-go (giving 8% AD/AP). It increases aggressive plays and makes the game more fun/entertaining to watch and play.

lgdg090596

Reaction score
It looks awesome! It made me love League of legends more. <3