• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What Console You Own Are You Surprised Is Still Working?

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Time can really put consoles on trial, especially handheld ones, which are the most subject to wear, but home ones can also stop working out of the blue (as for the infamous Red Ring of Death).
Is there any console you have you're suprised is still working?

Mine has to be my Nintendo DS. I didn't use to treat my consoles as kindly as I do now, and I've lost count of how many times it has met the ground. One of the screen hinges snapped, leaving it hanging from the other (just if you displace it from its original position, though), but despite this it's still perfectly working. Hell, even the battery life has remained unchanged, and I've used it for thousands of hours. Nintendo consoles have freaking amazing build quality.

WarVet

Reaction score
Mine is the PSP. A couple weeks ago I decided to turn it on to see how the old guy was and surprisingly it was still working! Then I had a folder full of downloaded games and tried to transfer one to it but sadly the memory card was fried. Good memories though.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
My original PS1. I booted it up a couple of months ago after nearly a decade of not using it and it worked flawlessly. I even managed to play some classic Prince of Persia on it, it felt good! :D

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Mine is the PSP. A couple weeks ago I decided to turn it on to see how the old guy was and surprisingly it was still working! Then I had a folder full of downloaded games and tried to transfer one to it but sadly the memory card was fried. Good memories though.

So the price is not the only thing PSP memory cards are infamous for, huh? Sony tried to make a point to have their own proprietary cards, so you'd expect a better performance of them. How disappointing.

konomi

Reaction score
The oldest one I've used in the past couple years is a 1st gen Nintendo DS. I have a 3DS but I'll still sometimes play the old DS for some reason. I also have a Gameboy from the 90s, but I'm not sure if it still works. It worked the last time I tried it, but that was probably 5 or so years ago by now.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
It has to be my PSP for me. I have spent a lot of hours playing it and I have not encountered any errors for the device, unlike with Xbox 360 wherein it is considered normal to experience the red ring of death. It just like yesterday when owning a PSP was a thing, and being able to play with friends is a great hangout experience.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
My Gamecube is actually still working, and I love playing the old Lord of the Rings games on it from a decade ago. I know; I am a pathetic nerd.

WarVet

Reaction score
So the price is not the only thing PSP memory cards are infamous for, huh? Sony tried to make a point to have their own proprietary cards, so you'd expect a better performance of them. How disappointing.
Well bro to tell you the truth never had problems with them when I played except for once or twice that It black out and I lost all my games (It wasn't much of a hassle really because I had them saved) Still after all those years I didn't really expect it to be still working. It was a surprise that the PSP actually worked.

Pixie06

Reaction score
This has to be my brother's PS1. In fact we have not been using this for a very long time as we now have a PS3. Last year we wanted to play Gran Turismo 2 and we were glad that the PlayStation was working wonderfully. Maybe I will to go through our old games and find a good one to play on the PS1 again.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
My PS2.. I've had this since I was a kid... My parents found it recently in a cardboard box about a month ago and I went on it and played some classic games.. I would have thought that it would have died or collected so much dust that it would just not work any more.

xXInfectedXx

Reaction score
The Xbox 360. I attempted to play on my console today. Surprisingly, my Xbox is still capable of playing the console games I own, whih

Last edited: