• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What are your predictions from E3 this year?

fcuco

Reaction score
This E3 looks boring, I don't think that any new console will get unveiled, and I can't think of any big announcement that could occur, beyond perhaps a final release date for the next Zelda title? Nintendo appears to be in bad shape, everything that's going on from them right now appears to be just a single Game title launch since I don't think that we are going to be seeing any NX news now.

Even the other companies like Microsoft and Sony appear to be flying low key this time. This is going to be a very boring show, what do you guys think?

cros1625

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm in the same boat as you. I use to be so hyped for E3 and followed the gaming industry in a whole a lot. This year feels so blah.. I totally forgot E3 was even this month. I can't think of anything I'm hyped to see. There are some games I want to see more of that they showed last year, but I can't even remember the names of them :/

I'll still watch the conferences but I'm not expecting any OMG moments. Lets hope they surprise us.

fcuco

Reaction score
I guess that you simply can't expect big announcements year after year. If you think about it, all these big companies business cycles are pretty much synced and aligned, new console announcements are done at the same time by all the big players and consoles are pretty much released the same month every 5 years of so. I wonder if Nintendo should break the cycle and release the NX in solitary outside of all this cycle. This could backfire though as people think that they should wait and see for next generation consoles before buying this one.

Dame6089

Reaction score
Well Nintendo initially said that only Zelda will be at E3, but that has just recently been confirmed to mean that only Zelda will be on the show room floor. The Tree House will be there like usual and will be covering other games. I'm guessing most of the attention will still be paid on Zelda with some time allotted for DS games. I believe there is a new Phoenix Wright and 999 game coming out, which is exciting for fans of those series, but not nearly as mainstream or big as Zelda. I am a hardcore Nintendo fan though, so it will be enjoyable regardless.

rz3300

Reaction score
Well it seems that Zelda will certainly have its place there, but aside from that it might be a little disappointing for some. I happen to love Zelda and have grown up playing the games so I am guessing that I would be okay with it, but that is just me. It does sound like @Dame6089 might have the best time out of anyone, and I have a few friends who love their Nintendo products so they might be in a similar boat.

AndroidOS

Reaction score
Nintendo have already said that they're not showing many games at E3 this year, and that they won't be showing the NX, so I don't expect any big surprises. We might get a surprise Zelda game/announcement (with it being its 30th anniversary), but other than that I don't see anything exciting.

Personally, I think E3 is dying a slow death. It used to be the place for announcements to be made, but now companies are moving towards having their own events to release info (e.g. Nintendo Directs), and they're making more of an appearance at fan-focused conventions instead of press-focused ones like E3.

Dame6089

Reaction score
Nintendo have already said that they're not showing many games at E3 this year, and that they won't be showing the NX, so I don't expect any big surprises. We might get a surprise Zelda game/announcement (with it being its 30th anniversary), but other than that I don't see anything exciting.

Personally, I think E3 is dying a slow death. It used to be the place for announcements to be made, but now companies are moving towards having their own events to release info (e.g. Nintendo Directs), and they're making more of an appearance at fan-focused conventions instead of press-focused ones like E3.

You are spot on. E3 is honestly more for the business people at this point. It's for shifting stock prices and things like that by showing what you have on the pipeline. Gamers get their news through numerous other sources now. Like you said, Nintendo Direct is a great example. While I'm nostalgic for the old days of E3 press conferences, it just isn't necessary anymore.

jviloriab96

Reaction score
Something was made clear during the Nintendo E3 Press Conference: they won’t give up without a fight. After the Wii U disaster, many were left wondering whether or not Nintendo could stay relevant in today’s gaming scene. Yesterday they proved all of them haters wrong. With the announcement of games such as Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Metroid Prime 4 and a new Pokémon game coming to the Switch, it looks like it’s going to be an excellent season for Nintendo’s fanbase, and I’m probably going to buy a Nintendo Switch myself.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
Nintendo definitely won in terms of surprises at E3. I don't think anyone ever predicted Mario would be possessing a dinosaur at E3.

Empire

Reaction score
E3 2017 is the same old same like every god damn year. They are talking about games that we all ready known about and then they have not mention the new games that we all like to hear or maybe I'm wrong since they went for 3 days and I can not keep track on the topics.

Allot of people aren't that impressed with it.