• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join ARK Server! Join ARK Discord!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

Website owners, who is your webhost?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Ryu, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Ryu

Ryu New Member

If anyone owns a website here, who do you use for hosting any why?

I have a dedicated server in Lenoir, NC, USA with Dacentec ( http://dacentec.com ). They're good guys, support is a little slow due to the fact it's a small operation that owns a 23,000 sq ft datacenter, but the quality is still really good!

I get all this (HP ProLiant SE1102 model) for $30 a month ($40 if I did rent-to own):
    • Dual Intel L5420 Quad-Core CPUs @ 2.5GHz each
    • 2TB SATA III HDD
    • 16GB DDR2 RAM
    • 10TB Bandwidth Monthly on a 1Gbps port
    • Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
    • /29 IP block (5 IPv4 addresses)
    I just rent my server, but certain models you can rent-to-own for $10 more usually - if you do that option, after 12 payments, you own the server and can either keep it there for a reduced rate, or pay UPS to ship the server to you.

I use them because I'd rather not pay $50-100+ for a dedicated server, plus I'm very happy with the server - older server, but happy.

2. RivaCom

RivaCom Member

Would love this in NY or NE Canada. May I ask who the provider is?

On a side note, I use various smaller VPS/Servers throughout US and EU to host various products. Then I set each up to be Webhosts, etc. As any web coder will tell you, it's much easier to make changes to the configs without having to go through a shared host support chain.

3. Ryu

Ryu New Member

Dacentec.com is the provider. They are based in the western North Carolina town of Lenoir. If you are looking for that area, why not try OVH? They have a datacenter in Quebec.

4. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I use https://t1hosting.com

I've used/tried multiple hosts over the years and once I used T1 for one site, I quickly moved all of mine over.

Hosting packages start at $1.25 /month.

5. RivaCom

RivaCom Member

aww yes Dacentec, i've seen the offers from them a few times.

As for OVH, the only affordable line from them is Kimsufi, which is pretty hard to find stock. Usually the only stock that pops up is in france.

6. inTech

inTech New Member

I bought the cheapest plan Namecheap have. I cost me around 7 USD in Bitcoin to rent for a year. Currently, I'm hosting BitRevenues and ForumCoin.ninja there. There's no down time and the datacenter is located in the US. Speed is fast even though I'm in Singapore. Bandwidth and web space is more than enough for my sites.

7. Zane

Zane Premium Subscriber Premium

Jordan likes this.
  8. Bradley

Bradley Member

When I first got my first host I used a free one
    http://www.hostinger.co.uk/

But I upgraded from the free package, I still stick with this company because their servers are really fast and the support team is amazing.

If you're still experimenting with hosts, try the free version of Hostinger.

9. Jordan

Jordan Founder Owner

Lies. Probably because you get it free.

GameRebels uses Hostisto's servers as well. Not biased at all :$

Referal likes this.
  10. RivaCom

RivaCom Member

Surprised you aren't running on your own servers Jordan.

11. Jordan

Jordan Founder Owner

I am xD
    I own hostisto xD
    Just waiting to revamp the website with a complete new custom design :)

12. RivaCom

RivaCom Member

Ohh gotcha. Good to know. Although after going from Shared to my own Servers, I don't think i'll ever touch shared again.

13. Referal

Referal Active Member

000webhosted I love em

14. Atropia

Atropia New Member

I mainly used to have used Freeforums.org or zetaboards. Personally preferred zetaboards more, but I remembered using a platform called invisionfree.

15. Tucker933

Tucker933 New Member

A2 Hosting. I've had a lot of bad experiences with hosting providers in the past, but A2 has been a fantastic exception. As far as speed, reliability, and support, I've never seen or experience any better.

16. pioneerauthor

pioneerauthor New Member

I actually started out online around 2009 with a website as an affiliate marketer. I registered the domain name through GoDaddy, but got it hosted on 000webhost, a long-term web hosting company.

17. hermessantos

hermessantos New Member

I have already tested Hostgator, Bluehost and 1and1. I currently use VPS on Digital Ocean.

18. iTommy

iTommy Member

I used more different web hosting providers like Digitalocean, RAmnode, Vultr, Linode, SYS.
    At this time I am having clients who using hosting from Vultr and Virtubox. They are pretty good and I would suggest if you possible.

19. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher New Member

I use https://www.stablehost.com they are rock solid and answer all of my ticked in a timely manner. Right now I am on their pro plan and there is a lot of room to grow. My next step will be semi dedicated and then VPS and then Dedicated. And if I ever do need a dedicated server I am sure that I am going to be SUPER HAPPY with my website. :smile:

20. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx New Member

Started out at 00webhost to create a free website. Then my forum host was prophpBB. Both are still free to use!