• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

We love Gran Turismo!!!

camshaq23

Reaction score
Gran Turismo over the years has been the best car game to me because of how realistic it is and how it determines if you have what is takes to become a professional racer.

New_Gran_Turismo_logo.JPG

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I became a Gran Turismo fan during the PS3 era. I must say, however, nowadays I'm more of a Forza type of guy than Gran Turismo. I know Forza can be unrealistic at times, but I just love their open world map and graphics better.

But don't get me wrong, Gran Turismo is childhood memories that can never be erased. But I am more of a Forza guy as of recent.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I'm never been a big fan of racing games, but I have some good memories related to Gran Turismo that always make me smile when it's mentioned. It's nothing big or special, they are just the classic memories of a young age (I was like 10 or whatever) when I didn't have a Playstation, but I often used to go to the home of friends who owned the console, and Gran Turismo was one of the most common games. Almost everybody had it. I wasn't good at all at it, but I had my good amount of fun.

john franklin

Reaction score
I heard a lot oabout this game but I never played it. I am fond of recing games. I have played GTA and Need For Speed. I would love to play Gran Turismo. My friends use to play this game and they told me that it is better than other racing game out there.

SashaS

Reaction score
The first Gran Turismo game I played was 4 on my Playstation 2. Being sort of new to car games, I was really impressed with the amazing visuals and the insane list of cars available (it was like 700+ for GT4) and the race tracks were pretty impressive too. I loved the fact that you could take pictures of your cars in certain backdrops and the game would render it into this really pretty looking image.

The cars were all you could ask for. From '90's JDM to the most powerful European V8's of the 2000's. The LM, DTM and WRC cars were really cool and the tuned Nissan Skylines were probably my favorite. There was this certain custom Skyline GTR that had this sort of glowing paint and a blue underglow, which in in the 2000's was naturally the coolest thing ever.

My favorite track was obviously the amazing Nuburgring and Laguna Seca was a close second. Great game overall and probably one of the most impressive racing games to hit the PS2.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I love to play this game for hours as Gran Tourismo is the best racing game out there yet. It feels so realistic and I improved my race gaming skills through this game. We can have a better idea of it by driving the fast cars.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I like playing the game as well but never bought the game. For me racing games are better played at the arcade than at home.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I miss playing the Gran Turismo series so much. At the moment I don't own any PlayStation consoles, but when I still had my PlayStation 3, Gran Turismo 5 was the game I had put the most hours in to. Everything about the Gran Turismo experience was so distinct when compared to other racing simulators. The interface, the soundtrack, the graphics and realism. It was unprecedented, in my opinion. I even ended up buying a Driving Force GT to enhance the experience, and it was pretty wild.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Racing games are all about realism because they can't do anything else. It's the same concept since the dawn of racing games. You start at the starting line with the others; you're usually the last place, then you race and win. You then have the option to either upgrade your car or get a new one. It's very formulaic and the only difference every year is the so called realism that's nothing more than a reason to jack up the prices of the games.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
It is the most realistic racing game that I ever played and I am expecting of its VR title to come into the open market. VR is the future of gaming and especially the future of racing games. Maybe there would be the head motions for controlling the vehicle.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I love Gran Turismo (it's so good, interesting and catchy) and I think when we talk about "racing games" (in a serious and more realistc way :sweatsmile:), Gran Turismo is the perfect choice for it.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Racing games are all about realism because they can't do anything else. It's the same concept since the dawn of racing games. You start at the starting line with the others; you're usually the last place, then you race and win. You then have the option to either upgrade your car or get a new one. It's very formulaic and the only difference every year is the so called realism that's nothing more than a reason to jack up the prices of the games.
Yeah, I have to agree. I am not a huge fan of racing games. I did try out a few of them but the only one that I wholeheartedly loved was YEARS ago and it was one of the Need for Speed games. But that was literally like over ten years ago.

I feel like there's too many pretty much the same racing games getting released every year. All they change is new car models, new music, and new routes. They don't actually add a new feature that would freshen up the overused system of racing games.

I still respect those that do like Gran Turismo and similar games though :) we just have different taste I guess.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to agree. I am not a huge fan of racing games. I did try out a few of them but the only one that I wholeheartedly loved was YEARS ago and it was one of the Need for Speed games. But that was literally like over ten years ago.

I feel like there's too many pretty much the same racing games getting released every year. All they change is new car models, new music, and new routes. They don't actually add a new feature that would freshen up the overused system of racing games.

I still respect those that do like Gran Turismo and similar games though :) we just have different taste I guess.
I think racing games are great... when they are part of a larger game. GTA for example. It's not all racing games; you get to do other stuff too. Doing the same thing over and over for a limited time can get boring pretty quickly. At least have some diversity on the mater so you can do some stuff when you grow tired of the old ones.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I love to play this game for hours as Gran Tourismo is the best racing game out there yet. It feels so realistic and I improved my race gaming skills through this game. We can have a better idea of it by driving the fast cars.

Among the racing games in the marketing, I think Gran Turismo is probably what gives a more realistic vision for the players and this is a very important aspect because makes the game even more exciting.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I got acquainted with Gran Turismo way back in the PS1 days. I loved the level of customization that could be done with the cars, the different tournaments that could be joined, the licenses needed to be passed before joining a tournament... it all felt so real. But as the series pushed forward to the PS2 and the PS3, I noticed that the devs focused more on car customization, car detail and such and forgot about the gameplay.

Yes, the game looked good, but boy, was it so boring to play. I even played more of Burnout than GT!
Anyways, I no longer play racing games because as I stated in another thread, I already get bored of racing games.
Still, thank you Gran Turismo for the memories...
52278-Gran_Turismo_2_(E)_(Disc_2)_(Gran_Turismo_Mode_Disc)-3.jpg

Tania997

Reaction score
I got acquainted with Gran Turismo way back in the PS1 days. I loved the level of customization that could be done with the cars, the different tournaments that could be joined, the licenses needed to be passed before joining a tournament... it all felt so real. But as the series pushed forward to the PS2 and the PS3, I noticed that the devs focused more on car customization, car detail and such and forgot about the gameplay.

Yes, the game looked good, but boy, was it so boring to play. I even played more of Burnout than GT!
Anyways, I no longer play racing games because as I stated in another thread, I already get bored of racing games.
Still, thank you Gran Turismo for the memories...
52278-Gran_Turismo_2_(E)_(Disc_2)_(Gran_Turismo_Mode_Disc)-3.jpg

It was the same for me man. I used to love the customization and everything that came with it, but when that became the main focus of the game and everything was abandoned you felt like you were in an empty world, racing in a boring way with a fancy car.. Looked like pimp my ride more than Gran turismo, lol