• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Was this a success?

Bremaine

Reaction score
I was able to play the beta for a brief time on my college PC, but I couldn't get into it for some reason. Maybe it was my skills with PC gaming being lacking, but I tried. It felt and looked a lot like Skyrim, but I felt it was missing something. Anyways it's out for the PC and I was wondering if anyone has played it? I don't hear too much about the game, so is it safe to say it isn't really that much of a hit? I know a lot of people who want to get the PS4 and Xbox One versions whenever they come out, but if the PC version isn't getting a ton of interest, is it even worth it?

I just want a whole new Elder Scrolls game that's single player.

Squigly

Reaction score
http://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/reviews/

Reviews are pretty mixed. What puts me off personally is the steep price of monthly subscription. I could easily get an AAA title from paying 2 months worth of subscription. Content wise I also believe that it does not offer that much relative to Skyrim: LE.

dinomarino1

Reaction score
it definitely put me off with the whole MMO aspect to it. i was never a big fan of anything MMO because i hate monthly payments for a video game. i would have had no problem if they focused all of their attention on a full length singe player games like they always have :(

fire421

Reaction score
I never tried it because of all the bugs that I heard about. However, now that it is going free to play I might give it a try.

valy

Reaction score
Hi Bremaine, this depends on exactly what you wish and how to play the Elder Scrolls game on a Ps4 or you PC. I haven't bought this game to play it on my Pc because heard that I must pay $12.99 per month to put my character on steroids, and I think this is a waste of money in my opinion. With that money, add a little more I could buy another game!

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Heck yes the game is a success! The game is now free to play and you can pay if you want to. The ESO Plus has a 10% bonus to experience, in game money, crafting experience, and crafting research timers. You also get a crafting bag which will hold a unlimited amount of crafting materials, double bank slots, and more inventory room for your house.

Now here is where it gets juicy they have a ingame store that sells experience potions, mounts, research books, appearance items, houses, and the list goes on. The last special in game mount that they were selling was $40. And the special in game house was selling for $120. And a lot of people bought both of them. The bottom line is Bethesda is making money hand over fist with that game and I don't see it going away anytime soon.