• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Wall Mounted PC

Issae

Reaction score
I'm planning on building a new PC in 2015, and one of the things that I've been looking at is having an open, wall-mounted PC that I can hang from the wall next to my desk.

I've build about half a dozen computers over the last 2-3 years, so that part I'm not worried about. I'm pretty handy when it comes to building things, but I've never tried anything like this.

Has anybody ever tried it before? Am I out of my mind?

Jack

Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty boring, just a regular three monitor setup but, how much is it going to cost you with all the brackets and stuff?

Issae

Reaction score
My current set up is a 3 monitor set up, but I have to cut down on my desk space. I normally budget around $150-200 for a case, so as long as the cost of the brackets and stuff are in that range, I'll be comfortable with it. I haven't even looked at pricing things out, I'm still waiting until after Christmas. (I have to upgrade my wife's computer first before I start working on mine.)

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
You haven't lost your mind, you're still perfectly sane as far as I know.
I had a wall-mounted pc at my old house, it was rather pointless so I brought it all down. It is a nice way to show off your computer when visitors come over however, and will probably do it again in the near future just for the sake of it. A desk can only fit so much on it :p

RadialPerson

Reaction score
A friend of mine actually has this, and to be honest the appeal wears off pretty quickly. He's got it set up with LED's so I guess it looks pretty good. The bigger issue is the noise from the GPU, since it's not in a case to dampen the sound the noise becomes pretty annoying. But if you like the look try it and see for yourself, it won't be difficult to put everything into a case if you get sick of it.

burtpovski

Reaction score
I think my cousin has a similar set up. He has his computer monitor mounted on his wall, and somehow put his PC itself in his desk or something. Not really sure how that worked out, but it was pretty cool. It really... compacts things I guess? I'm not sure how many monitors you plan to use, but he's only using one.

Issae

Reaction score
I don't trust my woodworking skills, but maybe the PC I build after the wall mounted one, I'll have it built into a desk. I just have to build up my confidence that I can do it.

I currently run 3 monitors, and I'll be keeping them even after the PC upgrade. Cable management is the big thing. I don't trust my computer just on the floor, so it's either put it on the shelf under my desk and have limited access to the cables in the back, or put it on my desk and loose part of my desk space. That's why I started looking into more creative options.

burtpovski

Reaction score
You plan to mount the 3 monitors on the wall as well? Sounds good, but I'm not sure how to do it, so I can't help you with that. I've only seen one monitor on the wall before, but never have I seen 3.

As for cable management, I think that if you were to put your PC in your desk, it'd make things a bit more simple. My cousin has his computer in his desk and it seems that his cable management wasn't too bad. But anyways, good luck with your set up!

TheViper

Reaction score
I've never done or seen anything like that. Though, I can see the appeal in doing so. I'm also planning to build my own computer but I really want to minimize all the cables. Hope your build works out though!

joshposh

Reaction score
I thought of tricking out my desktop as well. Back in the day a clear case was cool with led lighting. But that's been played out already. I actually wanted to have one mounted right underneath my computer desk. That way the guts of the desktop would be viewable just from looking straight down through the glass top. I'm sure it's been done many times already, but I don't keep up with that kind of things anymore.