• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Video Card

agentmanningctu

Reaction score
What video card does your PC have? I have the Nvidia 330M. It's pretty good for the price, but I wish I had a desktop.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Mine is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650. It at leasts play the games I want to play, but I am planning to build myself a desktop in the future.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Nice ^
Recently just bought a GeForce GT 520 to work with my existing Radeo. Not sure what model the Radeon is, but it's a tad dated. My games play pretty smooth, so I'm okay with it :)

NecroWolf

Reaction score
Right now I'm running an old Geforce 9500 GT w/1G video RAM. Been looking at a 550 or 560 Ti though, hope to get one soon.

Update: Got one and it is definitely faster than the old one.

Robbie626

Reaction score
My Laptop has a Nvidia GEFORCE 940MX video card. I can play a fair amount of 3D games with this video card.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I have GeForce GTX 1050. It came from MSI though, factory overclocked. I'm quite satisfied with it considering how much I paid for it. I had a better offer at the time I was buying it, but the offer was ATI. I chose NVIDIA instead, simply because a lot of games have special features that are only available to NVIDIA users.

missionreport

Reaction score
I'm really amazed with the way these things costs. Is there really no other way to make gaming more affordable these days? Like the GTS Ti costs $700. I'm like really? I leased my car for that amount haha.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I'm really amazed with the way these things costs. Is there really no other way to make gaming more affordable these days? Like the GTS Ti costs $700. I'm like really? I leased my car for that amount haha.

Well Titan series are not your regular graphic cards. I am not sure for all of them, but I know they can handle both gaming and extreme video rendering and such tasks at ease. Having one card to do both surely does cost more, not to mention the branding behind it

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I have a Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB. It's pretty good and can get easy high settings on 2016-present games. But the FPS isn't all the great though for new releases, as better graphics cards are out there in the market, such as the 1070 and 1080. If I'm going to upgrade though, I'll just go straight to 1080. It's more cost effective that way.

SashaS

Reaction score
My MacBook has a crappy integrated GPU, the Intel HD 6000. To be fair, its a work laptop and I can't really expect any more. But for what it is it actually works really well. I can easily run mid range games like CS:GO and Borderlands. But with high end stuff it obviously can't keep up. But that's fine because I'm usually playing The Binding Of Isaac, Stardew Valley or Terraria and all 3 can run on a potato like mine without any hassle. Would love a full fledged rig with a GTX 1080 or better one day, but money...

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My MacBook has a crappy integrated GPU, the Intel HD 6000. To be fair, its a work laptop and I can't really expect any more. But for what it is it actually works really well. I can easily run mid range games like CS:GO and Borderlands. But with high end stuff it obviously can't keep up. But that's fine because I'm usually playing The Binding Of Isaac, Stardew Valley or Terraria and all 3 can run on a potato like mine without any hassle. Would love a full fledged rig with a GTX 1080 or better one day, but money...
Yeah, with today's games you can have a variety of choices for what suits you best. I noticed during this Steam sale that the most highly rated games are low requirement / low graphics 2D platform games, and it's because they focused more on gameplay and story instead of the graphics. I hope today's high end game devs take notice.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I'm running the new Gigabyte 1080ti R1. I've been impressed by the power and speed of the card though! I can run games like Assetto Corsa and Dirt 4 on max settings on 1440p at over 100 fps with a mild overclock. I would love to get a water cooling block for the GPU sometime in the future so I can get as much power out of it as I can, but the triple windforce fans on it does a good job keeping it under 80 degrees Celsius @ 100-120% TDW.

dero56

Reaction score
Got myself a Gigabyte R9 280x which still runs great today, used to get mid their cards but this time wanted to go for something higher and I'm glad I did, still holds up today and probably will for a few more years. I'm not getting the best settings at 100fps but high to ultra at 60 fps on a 1080p monitor is definitely enough for me to enjoy my games.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I currently own a laptop and it runs with Nvidea 820m. It's not much, even for today's standards, but it's good enough for school, work, and gaming. While I may not be able to run the latest games in 60fps, there's always a workaround I could do to make it run on 30-35fps without ruining the overall game experience. I'm also planning to buy a desktop soon, as the laptop is only convenient because of portability, but what I'm really looking for is power.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Got myself a Gigabyte R9 280x which still runs great today, used to get mid their cards but this time wanted to go for something higher and I'm glad I did, still holds up today and probably will for a few more years. I'm not getting the best settings at 100fps but high to ultra at 60 fps on a 1080p monitor is definitely enough for me to enjoy my games.
Yup as long as the game doesn't stutter or the environment doesn't render too slowly, I don't mind. As long as you play the game with no problems whatsoever, then any graphics card that has the capacity of running it would be fine. I get there are people who want perfection in their games like frame rate not going down a certain number, graphics card supporting 4k and all that; all I want is to play a game perfectly with no visual flaws that will ruin the immersion.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I currently own a laptop and it runs with Nvidea 820m. It's not much, even for today's standards, but it's good enough for school, work, and gaming. While I may not be able to run the latest games in 60fps, there's always a workaround I could do to make it run on 30-35fps without ruining the overall game experience. I'm also planning to buy a desktop soon, as the laptop is only convenient because of portability, but what I'm really looking for is power.
I agree. Laptops for mobility and for office work, but PC still would be needed if you want to run games flawlessly. Laptops overheat which kill a lot of performance; battery life is all but lengthy, and playing with the laptop's keyboard and pad would really be torture for someone who has used the PC, keyboard and mouse setup all his life.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Agentmanningctu, I have an ATI Radeon HD 4350 the most modest card in ATI's range. I think is good and is no need to change it or something because my PC is working fine now.
On the other PC that I usually play games I have Nvidia’s popular GTX 1060, this is awesome, and all my games are working great!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I'm running the new Gigabyte 1080ti R1. I've been impressed by the power and speed of the card though! I can run games like Assetto Corsa and Dirt 4 on max settings on 1440p at over 100 fps with a mild overclock. I would love to get a water cooling block for the GPU sometime in the future so I can get as much power out of it as I can, but the triple windforce fans on it does a good job keeping it under 80 degrees Celsius @ 100-120% TDW.
I'm also thinking about getting a cooling system for my rig to even further maximize its potential. I'm still on the fence about it though since I don't have heating issues at the moment, and my gaming rig clocks at around 50 to 60 degrees when playing. But still, it would be nice to have an optimized system so you don't have to worry about it overheating or degrading overtime because of heating issues.