• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Unreal Engine

overcast

Reaction score
I am trying to find out if anyone have any experience with this gaming engine. There seems to be a lot going on for this gaming engine. And it has its set of export options, so thinking that the engine must be good enough. I don't have much interest in C++. So anyone here have given a shot to this gaming engine and have created games from it?

valy

Reaction score
I haven't used it personally but my best friend did and he said that this engine does various actions considerably slower. Actions like starting the engine, opening the editor, opening a project, rebuilding shaders, updating references, calculating light maps, saving projects, it takes long enough to get nervous and end up wasting time.

overcast

Reaction score
I am guessing this is more of RAM limitations. As Unreal requires 8GB minimum. So the development of games would require twice of that amount. You can see that Unreal being 3D specific engine. And considering their games are mostly for the 3D elements. So it is likely to have that set of limitations.

Referal

Reaction score
I did use UnReal Engine before yes for a game its pretty good But It is a RAM issue that I had it kept freezing a lot but I would suggest go for Bender as it has the same feature and quality of UNREAL Engine and plus both have a free plan and paid but you can do more things on Blender then you can do on UNREAL such as YT Channel intro outros effects designs games etc just to name a few there are plenty more you can do on it.