• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Thoughts on the new Nexus products?

Pluto

Reaction score
The new lineup of Nexus devices just blow away the competition. The Nexus 5 with Qualcomm 800 2.26 ghz awww i love it.
http://www.google.com/nexus/5/

Zahreah

Reaction score
Nexus 5 is best bang for your buck possible.
Same for the Nexus 7.
Amazing devices for the price. N5 Is faster than S4, Stock Android and like half the price!

Pluto

Reaction score
I know, also someone might know this better than I. The price on the Nexus 5 site of $399 is that the unlocked phone? As for carriers the phone has not come out yet.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
It is the first phone with Android 4.4, KitKat.

Andrei Birla Marian

Reaction score
Nexus products are reference products for what it means to use the android operating system. Many people are confused with high-end or flagship products, but they have not been created for this purpose. They offer a very well-balanced hardware package, and the best software for the moment. These are designed by Google (software part) along with another major smartphone maker (hardware part). This producer is changing from year to year, if at first it was Samsung, then LG, then Motorola and finally Huawei. We all know where this evolution takes place: Google's own smartphone, which has finally been released, Google Pixel. But unfortunately this is a true flagship, which is why the price is considerably higher than the previous edition.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I actually got the Nexus 5 when it first came out and I used it for few years until I was able to switch for a low price. I have to say that it was really an amazing phone. One of the best I've had from that price budget and I recommend that you consider the Nexus products. They're high quality, smooth, nice design, no battery problems. I was pleasantly surprised by it. No idea how the new Nexus one is but I imagine they didn't drop the quality considering it's Google.

overcast

Reaction score
I think as long as NEXUS has some update to new Android version. It'd be worth getting. But it seems the ROM has gone it's own direction. And it has managed to come up with some of it's own issues. And I think the way nexus has done changes for the people, It's just something that makes me a bit uncomfortable round galaxy series and NEXUS. I think we are paying too much for those phones.