• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Guardian

Reaction score
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/1-l29HlKkXU[/video]
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Release Date: 19 May 2015
Platforms: PC, PS4, XBox One

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt concludes the story of the witcher Geralt of Rivia, the series' protagonist, whose story to date has been covered in the previous versions. Continuing from The Witcher 2, the ones who sought to use Geralt are now gone. Geralt seeks to embark on a new and personal mission, whilst the world order itself is coming to a change. Geralt's new mission comes in dark times as the mysterious and otherworldly army known as the Wild Hunt invades the Northern Kingdoms, leaving only blood soaked earth and fiery ruin in its wake; and it seems the Witcher is the key to stopping their cataclysmic rampage.

overcast

Reaction score
I have checked the game out in twitch play. And it seems to be a good game with lot of interesting levels. I guess the story is improved a lot too compared to earlier versions of the game. I think this type of game deserves to be out there. If anyone not played it before then they should definitely check the gameplay and decide.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I have checked the game out in twitch play. And it seems to be a good game with lot of interesting levels. I guess the story is improved a lot too compared to earlier versions of the game. I think this type of game deserves to be out there. If anyone not played it before then they should definitely check the gameplay and decide.
What do you mean compared to the earlier versions of the game? The storyline as a whole is amazing - from start and to the end. Even the older titles, they all have outstanding stories and many people will agree with this. Plus in The Witcher 3 the story progresses from the previous title which was The Witcher 2 - if you haven't played the second one first, you might be a bit confused at the beginning.

Anyway, The Witcher 3 is probably one of the best games when it comes to newer RPG, open-world genres. It got a game of the year award for a reason. You can spend a month trying to complete all of the things. This game doesn't only revolve around the main plot but also the side quests that all contribute to your overall experience. You even have the hunts, card game called Gwent and much more.

You even have different possible endings, what more could you want? :)

Makef0rt

Reaction score
What do you mean compared to the earlier versions of the game? The storyline as a whole is amazing - from start and to the end. Even the older titles, they all have outstanding stories and many people will agree with this. Plus in The Witcher 3 the story progresses from the previous title which was The Witcher 2 - if you haven't played the second one first, you might be a bit confused at the beginning.

Anyway, The Witcher 3 is probably one of the best games when it comes to newer RPG, open-world genres. It got a game of the year award for a reason. You can spend a month trying to complete all of the things. This game doesn't only revolve around the main plot but also the side quests that all contribute to your overall experience. You even have the hunts, card game called Gwent and much more.

You even have different possible endings, what more could you want? :)

Yeah, I agree, earlier titles were great, too, but I have to agree with him. W3 really beat em all. There are so many things to do, to discover, so many people to interact with and tons of them are actually really good. Barons story was amazing as hell, one of the best.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Awesome game. Would love to play it again for the first time so I don't know the twists and turns in the story. Gameplay was pretty great, though you can only efficiently do a sword melee build compared to just using signs or the crossbow. But still, lots of decisions in the game that leads to a lot of endings. 16 hours of sex scenes (apparently) isn't too bad either. All in all, would recommend this game and for the price they are giving, it's definitely a steal, even at full price of the Game of the Year edition.

Hikin33t

Reaction score
I actually just got the Witcher 3. I played it A LITTLE back in 2015 but I never finished it because I was too busy at that time. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to playing and finsihing it it this time around.

I'm at the first town, currently. Hunting a gryphon.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I actually just got the Witcher 3. I played it A LITTLE back in 2015 but I never finished it because I was too busy at that time. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to playing and finsihing it it this time around.

I'm at the first town, currently. Hunting a gryphon.
Have fun dude. It's one of the best games I've played and you can easily clock 200 hours on one playthrough. Definitely worth it and I suggest you don't go online to read about spoilers or guides if you're stuck in a place. It's much more rewarding to figure stuff out for yourself rather than just reading about it and have to breeze through most of the monster quests and puzzles. The game has a lot of multiple endings for quests, so make sure you don't do research online first! Just play through everything!

Hikin33t

Reaction score
so make sure you don't do research online first! Just play through everything!

Alright, ty, I'll take that advice to heart. I mean, I really agree with you. If I were to do that I would just spoil the game for myself, so I'll just go into the game blindly, get stuck and have fun.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Alright, ty, I'll take that advice to heart. I mean, I really agree with you. If I were to do that I would just spoil the game for myself, so I'll just go into the game blindly, get stuck and have fun.
Yeah, people waste their first time playing great games by Youtubing playthroughs and not discovering locations for themselves. They go online to forums or sites and go, "I'm playing bla bla for the first time, what should I know about it?" or when you obviously know they're just seeking attention when they say, "Any hints and tips so I can have an easier time playing bla bla? It's my first time."

JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME, PEOPLE! STOP ASKING FOR HELP ONLINE AND JUST ENJOY THE GAME!!!

Hikin33t

Reaction score
I hear that. I used a walkthrough for The Last Remnant and I really regretted it. I won't do it this time, though!