• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Second Prussian Fireside Chat: New Administration for HL2RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPSPrussia

Reaction score
94TpUEs.png

After the fact that the first one was deleted. I am going to continue because I know now that you can't just silence me for having an opinion.

I want to talk for a few minutes with the people of Axiom Gaming about Staffing—with the comparatively few who understand the mechanics of Staffing but more particularly with the overwhelming majority who use Staff Members for the making of Half Life 2 RP better with events as well as making judgement on players. I want to tell you what has been done in the last few days, why it was done, and what the next steps are going to be. I recognize that the many proclamations from the Forums couched for the most part in terms that should be explained for the benefit of the average player I owe this in particular because of the fortitude and good temper with which everybody has accepted the inconvenience and hardships of the HL2RP Staff. I know that when you understand what we in the Whistle blower Camp have been about, I shall continue to have your cooperation as fully as I have had your sympathy and help during the past week.

First of all let me state the simple fact that when you see a staff member in the server the community should not allow them into a just only a trusted player role. It invests the person in many different forms of trust. In other words, the server puts the Staff Member to work to keep the wheels of the Community and Server turning around. A comparatively small part of the staff you should see are kept in Police Mode—the amount which in normal times is wholly sufficient to cover the needs of the average player or rule-breaker. In other words the total amount of all the Staff Members actively moderating in the server is only a small fraction of the total Staff in the server.

What, then, happened during the last few days of my Server Management? Because of undermined confidence on the part of the many staff members, there was a general rush by a large portion of our Staff to turn me into a scapegoat. A rush so great that the soundest of minds could not settle the issues at hand. The reason for this was that on the spur of the moment it was, of course, impossible to properly maintain the server with so much action happening at the same time.

By a few days after, the server was calm. Scarcely after that even more issues have occurred. @Trippy was also demoted in connections with me as well as issues with how the community was being ran. There is another issue involving @Lord Cutler Beckett which still hasn't reached a decision that will effectively change the community even though the problem persists and there is no willingness to change.

That is why I am proposing a solution for the team... this one goes directly to @TheGrandBanana

There's is no easy way to say this, so I'll cut to the chase. We need to restructure the Staff Team of Half Life 2 Roleplay.

First would be to cut down on the number of them.

My Roster would be as follows:

Community Manager:
Myself
@phillipsinc
Is the better of us developers. He can be very good at keeping a calm.

Server Manager:
Myself Again* Not twice its more like Option A or B
@Trippy (May have his own issues and couldn't fufill)

Staff Manager:
@The Fezz
You'd be best for making decisions on forum basis for pretty much all Staff Reports since we need a Neutral.
@Anonymous
Really good work recently for actually doing something about an abuse topic for CringeGod's Case.

Super Administrators:
@NotAdamTheLemon
Probably just because you liked my artwork bro.

Administrators:
@Sleeves
Congrats
for getting your evidence through and making your case about the facts.

Operators:
IDK ATM

Anyone Forgotten May or May not be included.
This was done on purpose.

The reason I've picked this Staff team is that they seem to respect the ideals of solving their issues properly. Not making a huge fuss about it and finally showing their risk to take go against anyone if they are corrupt enough. It shows they're above all honest.
My rank was taken and my unpopularity among corrupted Staff Members was used as a Scapegoat. Even at that the two people at the head of the realm currently played pass off with each other. I guarantee if I was the actual successor rather then the pass off between these two Community Managers. We wouldn't be talking about this (Although they'd be talking about how I removed them all. Haha)

792550-hhzwilhelm2.jpg

@phillipsinc

You've had my back in the past bud. I need you still and I know we can repair things if there are harsh feelings but I don't believe they're are. Phil is a cool guy and has his heart set in the right place. He wants to grow this Serious RP community but he needs to first regain control of the Half Life 2 RP before then.

einstein.jpg

@Trippy is also deserving of redemption. I have butted heads with him and he still dislikes me. Yet we both value honesty in the fact of better morals. He has risked and lost his rank and as such he deserves pity already.

winston-churchill-07.jpg

@The Fezz has shown that he is capable of compassion but still realizes that evidence and truth stand above all else. He will be very good in helping future situations although It would stress him I know he could carry the tasks.

abdulhamit.jpg

@Anonymous needs to become better but after being able to actually do a report and do it correctly he deserves the world. It took a lot of courage you fucking rascal.
The-cowardly-lion-the-wizard-of-oz-4109278-550-412.jpg

That's it... That's the end.

I sure as hell know this is bold and probably infuriates someone. Yet rather then being making a spectacle of this. Lets kink out the chinks in this plan. Perhaps you don't believe I should put myself in a high position... perhaps you don't believe you should be purged or you believe you should absoutely be on the list. Unlike my last post where I discouraged staff... the truth is that I will still want you as players if I got 100% of what I say here. But I already know if I did this maybe 10% of you would stay. (That 10% though would be in my fucking cabinet a month after they could handle just being a player)

Last edited by a moderator:

Canadalism

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
On this day, the flame war began. Many lives will be claimed in this onslaught.

Adam The Lemon

Reaction score
i dont like you but i dont dislike you but when you try to bust into the hl2rp server when everything right now is fine and throne yourself as cm it looks retarded, you should stop.

FPSPrussia

Reaction score
TLDR:
make me CM

Honestly I just want you to not be anything. That would make everything better.

i dont like you but i dont dislike you but when you try to bust into the hl2rp server when everything right now is fine and throne yourself as cm it looks retarded, you should stop.

And probably you too.

Both of you spur too much... Also the reason I believe that I should be Community Manager is because I took too much verbal battering and I couldn't do my work but just removing you would be enough to actually do my original job.

I believe the Foolish Switcher between the two Community Managers is pathetic. I've talked to players and they think it was honestly the nail in the coffin.

Adam The Lemon

Reaction score
Honestly I just want you to not be anything. That would make everything better.
honestly i want you to be permabanned for the 2nd time, that would make everything better. jkjk. youve done so many things that make our server look shitty, vortigaunt ota (you asked), an organized paramilitary in the city which would lead frontal confrontations with CCA and many more i could list. honestly i dont know what you did as server manager except add shitty addons onto the server. in conclusion what the FUCK are you going to do as CM then bc if you did jackshit as SM who do you think you are asking for CM.

Panda™

HL2 Server Moderator
Reaction score
Prussia, you seem to have a really big ego.

FPSPrussia

Reaction score
Prussia, you seem to have a really big ego.

I don't build character through words... only actions. My actions right now say that we have to speak loudly and carry a big stick. I will attempt to engage people if they have real arguments. But honestly its just people complaining I put myself as CM. Which I already expected people who already against me would be against and there is no point in convincing them. It is the definition of insanity. My plea now is to get Banana convinced to take action.

Sleeves

HL2 Server Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be up for admining, although my activity wouldn't be too high. I also support Mazur, Trippy, Jer, and Anonymous.

Let's go tigers.

Zesty Zebra

HL2 Community Manager
Reaction score
I'd be up for admining, although my activity wouldn't be too high. I also support Mazur, Trippy, Jer, and Anonymous.

Let's go tigers.

Then make an application. You're someone I want for staff.

As for you Prussia, what even is this? This seems like a blatant power grab. I doubt someone who advocates OTA Vortigaunts, a massive, fully militarized group, flames other staff over a little bit of drama over the word "love" and generally causes friction in a usually well-functioning team who work well together could be CM. Really, please stop this. I had no idea Trippy was demoted without cause, and if this was brought to my attention, which it wasn't, it would of been resolved and he would of been re-instated. No idea what Beckett has proposed either. Your rank wasn't taken corruptly. Just because there's no forum post about it doesn't make it corrupt, we took it because you tried to go rogue as an OTA and basically started yelling at Blueroad in teamspeak. I told you many times I have no issue with you and like you, and that I kept you on-board for longer than most people wanted me to, yet you call it corrupt when I demote you for crossing the line? Stop calling yourself a scapegoat, you caused friction and you know it.

jer

HL2 Super Admin
Reaction score
God almighty, Prussia. This is just horrible, for the most part it seems that, as someone else said, this is a TL;DR for just saying "Oi mate, make me CM!"

You were demoted fairly, Gabe.

Mazu

HL2 Super Admin
Reaction score
You were disliked heavily, you were lucky as hell that you instantly got Server Manager even with your shit background. But you blew it. And now you pay the price.

FPSPrussia

Reaction score
Man... This is really all just the staff again.

I mean the only players who reply are just fucking vold enough to stand against you. I've been dosed for stating my opinion.
--------------------------
Edited the main post.

FPSPrussia

Reaction score
I am legitimately the opposite opinion personified. But this remains true.
pxpjx.jpg

Mazu

HL2 Super Admin
Reaction score
So you remove staff members who have a opinion? Best CM ever.

FPSPrussia

Reaction score
So you remove staff members who have a opinion? Best CM ever.

It's all just bloody staff. Where the hell are the players at? I mean is there really a community if everyone is too afraid to go on the forum?

This is just a staff resource at the moment.

SovietGravy

Reaction score
Is this post a joke? You've done so many bad things for the community, why would we ever want you at a CM position.

Status
Not open for further replies.